Choose your account
To complete this application, you’ll need:
- Social Security number(s)
- Driver's license information
- Employer's name and address (if applicable)
- Statement information for assets or cash you may want to transfer
- Beneficiary information, including Social Security number and contact information
Schwab Trading Services™ Account
Are you an active trader? Enroll your new or existing Schwab One® brokerage or IRA account in a Schwab Trading Services account to access Schwab's most advanced and intuitive tools, trading education, and support for traders.
Schwab Intelligent Advisory™
Plan for retirement, college and more. Use our interactive online planning tool to identify your goals and create a picture of your financial future. Then use our online scheduler to set up a virtual appointment with a Planning Consultant.
Schwab Global Account™
Get online access to 12 of the top-traded foreign markets in their local currencies.
The Schwab Global Account is restricted to certain account types. Only U.S. citizens/U.S. residents are eligible.
Small Business Retirement Accounts
Trust, Estate and Charitable (through Schwab Charitable™) Accounts7
College Savings Accounts
Schwab One® Organization Accounts
Invest on behalf of your club, nonprofit, or other organization, and get full access to online trading plus all the benefits of our individual brokerage account.
Personal Choice Retirement Account® (PCRA)
If your employer offers a PCRA retirement plan and has provided you with a user ID and password, you can access and complete your application here.
Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Savings® Account
Get a competitive interest rate and FDIC-insured savings with the Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Savings account. You get a variable annual percentage yield, with no account minimums and no monthly service fees.
Please read the Schwab Intelligent Portfolios® disclosure brochures for important information.
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios is made available through Schwab Wealth Investment Advisory, Inc. ("SWIA"), a registered investment advisor. Portfolio management services are provided by Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. ("CSIA"). SWIA and CSIA are affiliates of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab") and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation.
Tax-loss harvesting is available for clients with invested assets of $50,000 or more in their Schwab Intelligent Portfolios account. Clients must enroll to receive this service.
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios charges no advisory fee. Schwab affiliates do earn revenue from the underlying assets in Schwab Intelligent Portfolios accounts. This revenue comes from managing Schwab ETFs™ and providing services relating to certain third party ETFs that can be selected for the portfolio, and from the cash feature on the accounts. Revenue may also be received from the market centers where ETF trade orders are routed for execution.
Please read the Schwab Intelligent Advisory™ disclosure brochures for important information
Schwab Intelligent Advisory™ is made available through Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), a dually registered investment advisor and broker-dealer. Portfolio management services for Schwab Intelligent Portfolios are provided by Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. ("CSIA"), a registered investment advisor. Please refer to the disclosure brochures for details about Schwab Intelligent Advisory. Free credit balances are swept into deposit accounts at Charles Schwab Bank (“Schwab Bank”). Brokerage products and accounts are offered by Schwab, Member SIPC. Deposit and lending products are offered by Schwab Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender. Schwab, CSIA, and Schwab Bank are affiliates and are subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation.
Schwab brokerage account applications submitted online and originating from this page will automatically be enrolled in Schwab Trading Services (formerly Active Trader or Active Trading services), which includes access to StreetSmart® trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and priority access to Schwab trading specialists. After the account is opened, Trading Services enrollment is usually completed every hour. For faster enrollment, call 888-245-6864 to speak to a Schwab Trading Services representative. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time.
1. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors (“the Guide”) and any amendments to the Guide for comprehensive details on fees.
2. Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking accounts are available only as linked accounts with Schwab One® accounts. The Schwab One brokerage account has no minimum balance requirements, and there is no requirement to fund this account, when it is opened with a linked High Yield Investor Checking account.
Please see the Schwab Bank Deposit Account Pricing Guide and Account Agreement for details about the bank pricing, terms and conditions.
3. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab Bank Visa® Platinum Debit Card wherever it is accepted. ATM fee rebates do not apply to any fees other than fees assessed for using an ATM to withdraw cash from your Schwab Bank account. Schwab Bank makes its best effort to identify those ATM fees eligible for rebate, based on information it receives from Visa and ATM operators. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab Bank Client Service Specialist for assistance at 888-403-9000. Schwab Bank reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time.
4. Schwab Mobile Deposit service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, and enrollment is not guaranteed. Standard hold policies apply. Requires a wireless signal or Wi-Fi connection.
5. Funds deposited at Charles Schwab Bank are insured, in aggregate, up to $250,000, based on account ownership type, by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
6. International investments involve additional risks, which include differences in financial account standards, currency fluctuations, geopolitical risk, foreign taxes and regulations, and the potential for illiquid markets.
7. Schwab Charitable is the name used for the combined programs and services of Schwab Charitable Fund™, an independent nonprofit organization. Schwab Charitable Fund has entered into service agreements with certain affiliates of The Charles Schwab Corporation.