Schwab One® Estate Account
Designed for executors or court-appointed administrators of estates, the Schwab One® Estate Account helps you manage and distribute an estate's assets, including consolidating assets and accessing cash to pay taxes or cover expenses. Plus you get all the benefits of a Schwab One brokerage account.
What are the fees and commissions?
- Monthly service fees: $0
- Account opening minimum: $0
- Commissions: $0 online listed stock and ETF commissions1
There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other fees may apply; please see Account Pricing.
What are the benefits of a Schwab One Estate Account?
Every Schwab account comes with investment help and guidance. This account also allows you to:
- Enjoy all the benefits of our popular Schwab One brokerage account
- Facilitate the distribution of your estate's financial assets
- Easily manage your estate's assets, whether you need to consolidate, buy and sell, or access cash to pay taxes
- Accurately value your estate for IRS purposes
- Quickly distribute assets to beneficiaries
- Get help transferring titles to heirs
- Decide how assets are invested
- Get 24/7 service and support
There is no fee to open or maintain an estate account at Schwab.
- Minimum balance requirement: $0
- Monthly service charge: $0
- $0 online listed stock and ETF commissions1
Other fees may apply. Learn more about our fees and minimums.
Quick answers to related questions
Have questions about our Schwab One Estate Account? Here are responses to some of the most common questions we hear. If you have a question about your specific situation that is not answered here, please call us at 866-232-9890.
It's quick and easy to open a Schwab One Estate Account. To get started, download a Schwab One Estate Account application or call 866-232-9890 for assistance. Note: Along with your application, you'll need to submit a copy of your letters testamentary (or letters of administration), certified as currently valid by the court clerk within the past 60 days and bearing the clerk's original signature and seal.
We'll send you your account number as soon as your application is completed and approved. You can use your account number to log in to Schwab.com and manage your account.
It's helpful to have the following information on hand before you begin:
- The decedent's full name
- The Tax ID number of the estate
- Statement information for funds you may want to transfer
- The decedent's Schwab account number, if transferring from a Schwab account
- Contact information
- Social Security number
- Employer's name and address (if applicable)
Note: Along with your application, you'll need to submit a copy of your letters testamentary (or letters of administration), certified as currently valid by the court clerk within the past 60 days and bearing the clerk's original signature and seal.
Take the next step.
Get started with an estate account today.
Download an estate account application.
Need help? Call 866-232-9890.
See all Schwab accounts.