Schwab Bank Pledged Asset Line®
A flexible line of credit for your financial needs.
flexible credit options
Looking to enhance your borrowing power for real estate, business, or college expenses? A Pledged Asset Line from Schwab Bank is a flexible, non-purpose line of credit¹ that lets you leverage the value of your portfolio.
Secured by assets held in a separate Pledged Account maintained by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., you can use your line of credit to access the funds you need while helping maintain your investing strategy.
This flexible line of credit can be used for a wide range of financial needs:1
New home purchase
New business startup
Call 888-725-3630 or login to get started
- Flexible. Line amounts from $100,000 (required minimum initial advance of $70,000).
- Convenient. Apply online or with a representative.
- Affordable. Competitive rates with no set-up fees or pre-payment penalties.
Before applying, please read the Pledged Asset Line Fact Sheet.
- Loan Value of Collateral at Origination
- Interest Rate Spread
Loan Value of Collateral at Origination$100,000 to <$250,000>IndexSOFR>Interest Rate Spread4.65%>
Loan Value of Collateral at Origination$250,000 to <$500,000>IndexSOFR>Interest Rate Spread3.40%>
Loan Value of Collateral at Origination$500,000 to <$1,000,000>IndexSOFR>Interest Rate Spread2.90%>
Loan Value of Collateral at Origination$1,000,000 to <$2,500,000>IndexSOFR>Interest Rate Spread2.40%>
Loan Value of Collateral at Origination$2,500,000 and above>IndexSOFR>Interest Rate Spread1.90%>
Schwab Bank reserves the right to change any part of the interest rate after the Pledged Asset Line is established, including the daily Secured Overnight Financing Rate ("SOFR") reference rate, interest rate spread, or post-demand spread.
The initial variable Annual Percentage Rate on the Pledged Asset Line, based on the loan value of the collateral pledged at origination, is the sum of SOFR plus the applicable Interest Rate Spread shown above. Pledged Asset Line amounts begin at $100,000 with a required initial minimum advance of $70,000.
Schwab Bank determines eligible collateral for your flexible line of credit, which generally includes
- Marginable equity securities valued at or above $3/share at the time of funding and closing
- Most mutual funds and exchange-traded funds
- Certificates of deposit and cash
- Many corporate, Treasury, municipal, and government agency bonds
Retirement assets are not eligible.
You can talk to your personal Schwab Financial Consultant,
speak with a Regional Banking Manager at 888-725-3630.
(Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. ET)
Considering a line of credit?
To get started just
Request more information.
- Complete the form below and we will contact you.
Contact us for further information or see FAQs below.
- What is Schwab Bank's flexible line of credit?
- Are there limitations to using proceeds?
- What types of borrowers are eligible?
- How long is the term?
- What is the interest rate?
- What are fees and charges?
- Are there collateral requirements?
- Are there any minimum draw requirements?
- What is a Pledged Account at Schwab?
- Who's responsible for investment decisions?
- What are the risks?