Structure your charitable giving with a simple, tax-smart investment solution of a donor-advised fund account. Offered by Schwab Charitable™, an independent 501(c)(3) organization, you can use a Schwab Charitable account to support the causes that mean the most to you today and to leave a legacy of giving.
What are the fees and account minimums?
- Schwab Charitable account minimums: $0 for a core account; $250,000 for a professionally-managed account
- For complete details, see Schwab Charitable's pricing and account minimums
What are the advantages of a Schwab Charitable account?
A Schwab Charitable donor-advised fund account offers a uniquely flexible way to manage your charitable giving. With this account, you can:
- Realize same-year tax benefits if you itemize deductions
- Potentially eliminate capital gains tax on the contribution of appreciated non-cash assets1 and investments
- Invest account assets for potential tax-free growth, helping you have more to give to charities
- Give when it is convenient and meets your charitable goals
- Manage your giving online
- Create a lasting charitable legacy
Have questions about Schwab Charitable's donor-advised fund account? Here are responses to some of the most common questions we hear. If you have a question about your specific situation that is not answered here, please call Schwab Charitable at 800-746-6216 or visit the Schwab Charitable website.
- How do I open a donor-advised fund account?
- Is Schwab Charitable part of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.?
- What role can my investment manager have?
- What types of assets can I contribute?
- Do you have a list of approved charities?
It's helpful to have the following information on hand before you begin:
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver's license number
- Your employer's name and address (if applicable)
- Statement information for funds you may want to transfer
Ready to get started?
Need help? Call 800-746-6216.