Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium
Robo-advice meets 1:1 professional guidance.
Schwab CFP® Professional
Schwab-brand piano music plays. A young woman in professional attire is seated facing the camera with a light-filled office space behind her.
Onscreen text: Christina Faulkner, CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™, Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium™
Hi, my name is Christina Faulkner. I am a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™.
Christina is shown in her bright office, sitting at her desk by a window. She is smiling while talking on a headset and looking up something on her computer.
Christina [offscreen]: I love working as a planner, because I get to help people figure out how to get from today to tomorrow.
A view of her computer screen reveals she's in a phone chat with a client.
Christina [offscreen]: Some of the common questions that I get from clients are how am I doing, am I on track towards meeting my goals, and how do I juggle everything.
Christina faces the camera and continues the interview.
Christina: And they're concerned about it. They're trying to figure out how do I do all of these things. How do I pay for the down payment of my home. How do I pay off my student loans, or even save for retirement. That's a lot. With planning, we help them prioritize by first understanding what's most important to you at this point. We help you to see the big picture of what you're trying to accomplish. Let's create a plan on how you get there.
Onscreen text: Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium™
Music continues to play.
Onscreen text: Charles Schwab. Own your tomorrow. Investing involves risk including loss of principal. Demo shown is for illustrative purposes only and is not representative of any client, experience, or result. Individual experience will vary.
©2019 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Member SIPC. CC1305585 (0319-95RU)
Introducing automated investing with unlimited guidance from a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional, now for a monthly subscription fee.
Advanced technology. Unlimited guidance.
Backed by our commitment to keeping costs low.
- Pay a one-time planning fee of $300, and just a $30/month advisory fee after that.
- Invest in a portfolio of low-cost Tooltip (ETFs).
- Just as if you'd invested on your own, you will pay the operating expenses on the ETFs in your portfolio, which includes Schwab ETFs™.
What else you should know.
- We believe cash is a key component of an investment portfolio. Based on your risk profile, a portion of your portfolio is placed in an FDIC-insured deposit at Schwab Bank. Some cash alternatives outside of the program pay a higher yield. Tooltip
Get automated investing with Schwab Intelligent Portfolios®.
Make investing easier with a portfolio managed with robo-advice technology.
Our advanced algorithm builds, monitors, and automatically rebalances a portfolio of low-cost exchange-traded funds (ETFs) so you don't have to.
Plus, get professional guidance and planning with Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium™.
Get unlimited 1:1 guidance from a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional.
A CFP® professional can help you prioritize your goals like saving for college and retirement, create a plan for reaching them, and provide portfolio recommendations in your best interest. You can easily schedule appointments online to meet by phone or video conference at a time that's convenient for you.
Stay organized and on track with digital planning tools.
Create a road map for reaching your financial goals, including saving for college, retirement, or buying a house. See your performance at a glance and see how changes can impact your plans.
Create "what-if" scenarios with the Play Zone®.
Stress-test your plan by adjusting variables like retirement age, saving rates, and lifestyle choices.
What are you afraid of?
See how your financial plan could hold up against changes in variables that are out of your control. View the impact of market cycles, inflation, portfolio returns, long-term care costs, and other unexpected expenses.
Plan for rising college costs.
Explore monthly, yearly, and lump-sum costs and how changes in inflation and market returns can affect your savings efforts.
We're ready when you are.
Already started? Log in now.
Simple pricing for advice, plus your satisfaction is guaranteed.
For a one-time planning fee of $300, and just a $30/month advisory fee after that, you’ll get:
- Unlimited guidance from a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Interactive online planning tools
- Customized roadmap for reaching your goals
All backed by our Satisfaction Guarantee. If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, we'll refund any eligible fee and work with you to make things right.
Open an Account
Ready to get started?
Ask us your questions
Pricing and Minimums
- Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium™ at a glance
- What does a $25,000 minimum mean?
- When will I be charged the one-time planning fee of $300 and the $30/month advisory fee?
Working with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- What does a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional do?
- What does it mean to be a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional?
- How do I schedule an appointment with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional?
- Will I meet with the same CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional every time?
- What should I expect during an appointment with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional?
- How should I prepare for my appointment with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional?
- How frequently will I meet with a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional?
- Why is Financial Planning important?
- What does Financial Planning include?
- How do I start creating my plan?
- How long will it take to complete the online planning tool?
- Can I save my information in the online planning tool along the way?
- Is there a way for me to connect to my existing financial accounts automatically?
Portfolios and Accounts
- What's the difference between Schwab Intelligent Portfolios Premium™ and Schwab Intelligent Portfolios®?
- What types of accounts can I open?
- How is my portfolio built and managed?
- What is Charles Schwab Investment Advisory (CSIA)?
- What are exchange-traded funds, and why are Schwab Intelligent Portfolios portfolios composed of them?
- What is rebalancing and when does that happen?
- What is tax-loss harvesting?
- What is a Cash Sweep?
- How do I withdraw funds from my Schwab Intelligent Portfolios?
- Does Schwab offer a guarantee?
Security and Privacy
- How can I be sure my information will be secure and kept private?