Schwab Private Client
At Schwab, we believe every investor deserves accountability. If for any reason you're not happy with Schwab Private Client™, the Schwab Accountability Guarantee means we'll refund your program fee from the previous quarter and work with you to make things right.*
What do I get?
A dedicated team of specialists.
- Work with an expanded team from Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc. that includes a Financial Consultant, Portfolio Consultant, and Associate Portfolio Consultants.
- Your Financial Consultant manages your overall relationship with Schwab.
- Your Portfolio Consultant considers your goals, your current investments, and the complexity of your financial situation.
Ongoing, comprehensive investment advice.
- Get specific buy and sell recommendations on stocks, bonds, mutual funds, managed accounts, and ETFs from your Portfolio Consultant—all tailored to your specific situation.
- You always maintain control.
- Get access to a range of specialists as needed, such as fixed income and options specialists.
A consistent, fact-based approach.
- The guidance you receive is based in part on our asset allocation guidelines, Schwab Equity Ratings®, and the Mutual Fund OneSource Select List®.
What are the minimums and fees?
- Investment minimum: $500,000
- Annual fee: starts at 0.90% (equities) and 0.70% (fixed income)
- Subject to minimum quarterly fee of $1,000
Ready to get started?
Contact us to discuss Schwab Private Client and your advice needs.
*Schwab Accountability Guarantee:
The guarantee applies to the following investment advisory services ("Participating Services") and associated program fees: (i) Schwab Private Client ("SPC"); (ii) Schwab Managed Portfolios™ ("SMP"); and (iii) Managed Account Connection® ("Connection") for accounts that are managed by investment advisors affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"): Windhaven Investment Management, Inc. ("Windhaven®"), ThomasPartners, Inc. ("ThomasPartners®"), and Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. ("CSIM").
The guarantee does not apply to (i) accounts managed by investment advisors that are not affiliated with Schwab; (ii) accounts managed by Schwab-affiliated advisors outside of the SPC, Connection, and SMP programs; or (iii) any other product or service made available by Schwab or its affiliates. SPC, SMP, and Connection are wrap fee programs sponsored by Schwab.
If at any time or for any reason you are not completely satisfied with a Participating Service, at your request Schwab will refund the associated program fee for the previous calendar quarter applicable to the Participating Service. The program fee is a percentage of the eligible assets in your Participating Service account(s). You will receive a credit to your Participating Service account(s) within approximately four weeks of your request. No other fees, commissions, charges, expenses, or market losses will be refunded. If Schwab is unable to address your concerns after consulting with you and refunding your program fee, Schwab will work with you to help meet your financial goals. Schwab reserves the right to change this guarantee in the future after providing notice. For additional information regarding associated program fees, please see the disclosure brochure for the Participating Service, available at the time you enroll or upon your request.
Investors should carefully consider information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling Schwab at 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
The Portfolio Consultant, Associate Portfolio Consultant, and other representatives making investment recommendations in your Schwab Private Client accounts are employees of Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc.
Please read the Schwab Private Client and the Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc. Disclosure Brochures for important information and disclosures about this service. Portfolio management is provided by Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc., a Registered Investment Advisor and an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Your account may be subject to a lower fee schedule than described above if you or someone in your household (e.g., generally a person with the same last name living at the same address) opened a Schwab Private Client account before January 1, 2014, and has continuously maintained at least one Schwab Private Client account since the time of that initial Schwab Private Client enrollment.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource® service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services.