We want you to have the highest level of confidence when you do business with Schwab.
We offer you this simple guarantee:
Schwab will cover losses in any of your Schwab accounts due to unauthorized activity.
The highest levels of security are only possible when we work together. To ensure your protection under this guarantee, it is your responsibility to:
- Safeguard your account access information.1
Please do not share your account access information, including but not limited to your login ID, password, PIN and transaction codes, with anyone. If you share this information with anyone, we will consider their activities to have been authorized by you.2
- Report any unauthorized transactions to us as quickly as possible.3
If you suspect you are a victim of fraud, please contact us immediately at 888-3-SCHWAB.
There may be other individuals to whom you grant authority in your account. Their activities in your account will also be considered authorized.2
We are committed to safeguarding your accounts and the privacy of your information, as stated in our Privacy Notice. To further ensure a more secure online experience, we recommend that you take these additional steps.
Note: There is nothing in the Security Guarantee that is intended to limit any right conferred or claim or protections provided to customers under Regulation E, for applicable transactions.
Here is more information on The Schwab Security Guarantee:
- Do I have to do anything to get this protection?
- How does this guarantee work?
- Does the guarantee apply to my account if I use an application like computer software or a program ("app") that can act on or retrieves my account data from Schwab for things including financial planning or to help me manage my finances?
- If I allow or give a person remote access into my device (e.g. computer, laptop, smartphone, tablet) or Schwab account, is the person's fraudulent activity in my Schwab account covered under the Guarantee?
- Does the guarantee apply to Schwab Bank?
- Does the guarantee apply to accounts managed by independent investment advisors doing business with Schwab Advisor Services?
- Does the guarantee apply to my Schwab retirement plan accounts?
- Does the guarantee apply to Charles Schwab Trust Company or Charles Schwab Trust Company of Delaware?
- Does the guarantee apply to my annuities or 529 college savings plan accounts at Schwab?
- Does the Schwab Security Guarantee cover transactions in TD Ameritrade accounts?