Bonds and Fixed Income
Find fixed income products designed to fit your needs. Whether you prefer to invest on your own or you'd like assistance, Schwab has the specialized guidance to help you achieve your goals.
Looking for a source of interest income? A diversified portfolio? Schwab can help you find the bond investing solutions that meet your needs. Plus you get low and straightforward pricing:
- Explore our range of fixed income products.
- Get assistance from a Fixed Income Specialist.
- Pay no fees or mark-ups for secondary Treasuries.
- Take advantage of low online fees: $1 per bond transaction cost on most on-line secondary trades; no mark-ups on secondary Treasuries.
1. Conditions apply: Trades in ETFs available through Schwab ETF OneSource™ (including Schwab ETFs™) are available without commissions when placed online in a Schwab account. Service charges apply for trade orders placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). An exchange processing fee applies to sell transactions. Certain types of Schwab ETF OneSource transactions are not eligible for the commission waiver, such as short sells and buys to cover (not including Schwab ETFs). Schwab reserves the right to change the ETFs we make available without commissions. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. Please see pricing guide for additional information.
2. Schwab BondSource® as of January 2013.
3. As of January 2013.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling Schwab at 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Fixed income securities are subject to increased loss of principal during periods of rising interest rates. Fixed income investments are subject to various other risks, including changes in credit quality, market valuations, liquidity, prepayments, early redemption, corporate events, tax ramifications, and other factors. For further details, please contact a Schwab Fixed Income Specialist at 800-626-4600.
In the bond market there is no centralized exchange or quotation service for most fixed income securities. Prices in the secondary market generally reflect activity by market participants or dealers linked to various trading systems. Bonds available through Schwab may be available through other dealers at superior or inferior prices compared to those available at Schwab. All prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Schwab reserves the right to act as principal on any Bond transaction. In secondary market principal transactions the price will be subject to our standard mark up in the case of purchases and a mark down in the case of sales and also may include a profit or loss to Schwab in the form of a bid-ask spread.
Lower rated securities are subject to greater credit risk, default risk, and liquidity risk.
The PIMCO Municipal Bond Ladder strategies are available through Schwab's Managed Account Connection program ("Connection"). Please read Schwab's Managed Account Services Disclosure Brochure for important information and disclosures relating to Managed Account Select® and Connection. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab") and Pacific Investment Management Company LLC ("PIMCO") are separate and unaffiliated companies.
When trading as principal, Schwab may also be holding the security in its own account prior to selling it to you and, therefore, may make (or lose) money depending on whether the price of the security has risen or fallen while Schwab has held it.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC) receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of its affiliates.
The Schwab Center for Financial Research is a division of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
J.P. Morgan is the marketing name for J.P. Morgan Chase & Co., and its subsidiaries and affiliates worldwide.