Wherever you are on the road to retirement, our expert content and tools can help you find (and take) your next best steps.
You can now make 2019 tax year contributions to your IRA until July 15th, 2020. Learn more >
Learn more about retirement
Saving for Retirement
Living in Retirement
How much will you need to retire?
Use our retirement savings calculator to see where you stand today.
If you turned 70½ before 2020, estimate your RMDs.
RMDs are required for most IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans. See how much you might need to take out.
Have you inherited a retirement account?
As a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan account, you might need to take RMDs to avoid a tax penalty.
Questions other investors are asking
- How much do I need to save for retirement?
- Should I pay off student loans before I save for retirement?
- When should I start taking Social Security?
- Can I change my mind after starting Social Security benefits?
- I'm almost 70½—which retirement accounts have required minimum distributions (RMDs)?