Wherever you are on the road to retirement, our expert content and tools can help you find (and take) your next best steps.
Learn more about retirement
Saving for Retirement
How much do you need to retire? When should you start saving? We’ll help you figure it out and get on track with a retirement plan that’s right for you.
Check your progress and catch up if you need to. Plan ahead for things like Social Security, health care costs and how to go from saving to spending.
Living in Retirement
Learn how to manage your money and portfolio in retirement, and find out what to do about required minimum distributions (RMDs), estate planning and more.
How much will you need to retire?
Use our retirement savings calculator to see where you stand today.
If you’re 70 ½ or over, estimate your RMDs.
RMDs are required for most IRAs and employer-sponsored retirement plans. See how much you might need to take out.
Have you inherited a retirement account?
As a beneficiary of an IRA or other retirement plan account, you might need to take RMDs to avoid a tax penalty.
Questions other investors are asking
- How much do I need to save for retirement?
- Should I pay off student loans before I save for retirement?
- What are the differences between traditional and Roth IRAs?
- When should I start taking Social Security?
- Can I change my mind after starting Social Security benefits?
- I'm almost 70 1/2—which retirement accounts have required minimum distributions (RMDs)?