CD and Treasury Rollover
Automatically reinvest the principal on your maturing CDs and U.S. Treasury securities.
CD and U.S. Treasury rollover
CD and U.S. Treasury rollover is a convenient way of keeping your money invested.
It's easy to get started. Just select "Auto-Rollover" when purchasing a new CD or Treasury.
How it works.
During the order-entry process for your first trade, read and agree to Schwab's terms and conditions of service. Next, you'll mark eligible investments to automatically roll over upon maturity into similar investments.
Emails will keep you informed about the timing and status of your auto-rollovers. We'll send a notice with details roughly two weeks before you have a rollover and again at the time of rollover.
Your CD and U.S. Treasury investments will continue to roll over at each maturity date until you choose to change or cancel your instructions on Schwab.com.
Once you agree to Schwab's terms and conditions, mark your eligible investments to roll over at their maturity date.
- Can I use this service for both new and existing CDs and U.S. Treasuries?
- What investments are eligible?
- How much does this service cost?
What criteria does Schwab use to decide what to buy, upon rollover?¹
- How do I manage my rollovers?
- Can I create a CD ladder using auto-rollover?
- What emails can I expect to receive from Schwab about my rollovers?
- What happens if I purchase more than one of the exact same security?
Since you may periodically need to change your rollover instructions, we make it quick and easy.
- Can I change or cancel my rollover instructions?
Let's get started
Let's get started.
Have any questions? We’re here to help.