Schwab's specialized resources can help you make more informed decisions about investing in stocks. Our intuitive stock trading tools can help you determine when to buy or sell a stock. Get insights from our team of trading specialists who can help you learn about various stock selection strategies.
Along with Schwab’s commitment to fast trades and dependable order execution, you can take advantage of our winning combination of stock investing service, insight, and value.
Get exceptional value on stock trades.
Trade stocks online for just $8.95 per trade.1 Learn more about our fees and commissions. You can also trade Over the Counter Bulletin Board (OTCBB) and some pink sheet securities online.
Simplify stock selection with Schwab Equity Ratings®.
All Schwab clients have access to Schwab Equity Ratings, our proprietary methodology for identifying stocks we believe will outperform or underperform the market over the next 12 months.
Learn more about stock research at Schwab or explore these other resources:
- Find top-rated stocks according to the investment criteria you define with Schwab Stock Lists®.
- Compare multiple stocks based on ratings, fundamentals, and earnings.
Top 3 reasons why Schwab is a great choice for active traders.
With Schwab Trading Services get all the benefits of our brokerage or IRA account, plus access to our most advanced and intuitive tools, trading education, and support for traders.
- Smarter Trading Tools
Enhance your trading experience with powerful, intuitive technology designed to help you make smarter trades:
- Trade SourceTM on Schwab.com gives you relevant information and powerful trading tools in a single destination.
- Our advanced trading platform—StreetSmart Edge®—features an intuitive workflow that simplifies advanced trading.
- Place trades and manage your accounts anywhere via smartphone, tablet, or mobile device.2
- Education for Traders
Access a one-stop, comprehensive resource for developing your trading skills. The Schwab Learning Center provides:
- On-demand workshops.
- Registration links to live in-branch and online trading workshops.
- Platform tutorials, tool guides, and more.
- Experienced Support
Enjoy priority access to our award winning customer service3 for traders:
- Dedicated trading specialists.
- Real-time strategy analysis and decision support.
- Advanced trading tools and more.
Learn more about the Schwab Trading Services account.
Frequently Asked Questions
Take the next step.
Get started with stock trading today.
Open an Account or call 800-435-4000.
1. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, employer-negotiated commission schedules applicable to equity compensation transactions, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. All broker-assisted trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
2. Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection. System availability and response times are subject to market conditions and your mobile connection limitations. Functionality may vary by operating system and/or device.
3. Credit Notice: From Investor's Business Daily, January 26, 2015, ©2015 Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Results based on an Investor's Business Daily ("IBD") and TechnoMetrica survey of 10,480 visitors to the IBD website between October and December 2014.Those individuals were asked to name and rate their primary online broker. Limiting data analysis to only those firms that were cited by 100 or more participants, thirteen online brokers were ranked based on Customer Experience Index scores for eleven separate attributes. For further information on how the ratings were calculated, see IBD's Criteria and Methodolog.
4. Extended Hours Trading may not be suitable for all investors and poses certain risks. These risks include, but are not limited to, lower liquidity, higher volatility and wider spreads. To learn more call 800-435-4000.
Schwab Equity Ratings and the general buy/hold/sell guidance are not personal recommendations for any particular investor or client and do not take into account the financial, investment or other objectives or needs of, and may not be suitable for, any particular investor or client. Investors and clients should consider Schwab Equity Ratings as only a single factor in making their investment decision while taking into account the current market environment.