A SEP-IRA is one of the easiest small business retirement plans to set up and maintain. You can make sizable contributions for yourself and any eligible employees. There’s little administration, and tax filing isn’t required. And you can vary contributions from year to year—or even skip a year.
What are the fees and commissions?
- Monthly service fees: $0
- Account minimum: $0
- Commissions: $8.95 per online trade;1 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account2
There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other fees may apply; please see Account Pricing.
What do I get with this SEP-IRA?
Every Schwab account comes with one-on-one investment help and guidance. With this account, you’ll also get:
- Tax-deductible contributions that vest immediately
- Tax-deferred earnings
- Flexible annual contributions
- High contributions for you
- A way to contribute to qualified employees’ accounts
- Retirement planning tools and resources in our
- 24/7 service and support
Take the next step.
Open a Schwab SEP-IRA today.
Get detailed instructions above in Establish Your Plan.
Or call 800-435-4000.
- See all Schwab accounts.
1. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
2. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs™ are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
3. This percentage of business net profit, after subtracting the self-employment tax deduction, is equivalent to the employee percentage given.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can obtain a prospectus by visiting www.schwabetfs.com. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares or ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
This information is not intended to be substituted for specific individualized tax, legal or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, Schwab recommends consultation with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, Financial Planner or Investment Manager.
Account must be approved and funded before trading can occur.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.