Get great value on ETFs at Schwab, including commission-free online trading on over 100 ETFs through Schwab ETF OneSource™.1
Trade ETFs commission-free
- Schwab ETF OneSource™ offers over 100 commission-free ETFs from leading providers, including Charles Schwab Investment Management, State Street SPDR®, Guggenheim Investments, PowerShares, ETF Securities, United States Commodity Funds.
- Schwab ETFs™ have the lowest expenses in their respective Lipper categories2 - even lower than Vanguard and iShares ETFs.
Learn more about ETFs at Schwab.
Excellent value on ETFs
- Trade all other ETFs online for just $8.95 commission.
- Use our advanced screening tools to find ETFs for your trading strategy.
1. Conditions Apply: Trades in ETFs available through Schwab ETF OneSource™ (including Schwab ETFs™) are available without commissions when placed online in a Schwab account. Service charges apply for trade orders placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). An exchange processing fee applies to sell transactions. Certain types of Schwab ETF OneSource transactions are not eligible for the commission waiver, such as short sells and buys to cover (not including Schwab ETFs). Schwab reserves the right to change the ETFs we make available without commissions. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. Please see Charles Schwab pricing guide for additional information.
2. This claim is based on expense ratio data comparisons between Schwab and non-Schwab ETFs in their respective Lipper categories. Expense ratio data was obtained from Strategic Insight Simfund as of 12/31/12. ETFs in the same Lipper category may track different indexes, have differences in holdings, and show different performance. Competitors may offer more than one ETF in a Lipper category. The non-Schwab ETFs shown represent the funds with the lowest expense ratio within their fund family in their respective Lipper category. Expense ratios are subject to change.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. You can request a prospectus by visiting www.schwabetfs.com. or calling Schwab at 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from third-party ETF companies participating in Schwab ETF OneSource™ for record keeping, shareholder services and other administrative services, including program development and maintenance.
Third-party Schwab ETF OneSource shares purchased may not be immediately marginable at Schwab.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliate with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of its affiliates.
Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. is the investment advisor for Schwab ETFs and an affiliate of the Charles Schwab Corporation.
“SPDR” is a registered trademark of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services, LLC (“S&P”) and has been licensed for use by State Street Corporation. No financial product offered by State Street or its affiliates is sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by S&P
PowerShares® is a registered trademark of Invesco PowerShares Capital Management LLC (Invesco PowerShares). Invesco PowerShares and Invesco Distributors, Inc. are indirect, wholly owned subsidiaries of Invesco Ltd.
USCF® and the United States Commodity Funds® are registered trademarks of United States Commodity Funds LLC. All rights reserved.
*Free trades expire 180 days after account approval, up to 250 trades total. Applies to base online equity, ETF, and option commissions only. Option per-contract and foreign transaction fees still apply. To qualify, deposit $50,000. Other commission-free trade offers may be available if you deposit less than $50,000 -- call 888-245-6864 for terms. Commission-free trades will be assigned following determination of eligibility by Schwab. Account and assets deposited must be new to Schwab. Assets transferred from optionsXpress, Inc. or other Schwab affiliates are excluded. Current Schwab clients and households are not eligible. Offer valid until 06/30/2013. Offer is nontransferable, limited to one per household, and may not be combined with other offers. Accounts ineligible for this offer include, without limitation: 401(k), 403(b), Custodial, 529 Plan and Estate accounts. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platform applications and Schwab Wireless are eligible for free trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades. Domestic, nonprofessional accounts only. Schwab, Schwab-affiliated, broker-dealer and exchange employees are not eligible. Other exceptions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to restrict this offer at any time.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Covered calls provide downside protection only to the extent of the premium received and limit upside potential to the strike price plus premium received. With long options, investors may lose 100% of funds invested. Multiple-leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.
Symbols and price and volume data shown here are for illustrative purposes only, and do not constitute a recommendation by Schwab to buy or sell a particular security.
Schwab does not recommend the use of technical analysis as a sole means of investment research.
Third-party news providers are not affiliated with Schwab. The information is presented as a service to Schwab clients, and Schwab makes no judgment or warranty with respect to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or suitability of information. It is presented for general informational purposes only and should not be considered an individualized recommendation or personalized investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.
Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc., ("CSIM") the investment advisor for the Schwab ETFs and an affiliate of Schwab, receives fees from the Schwab ETFs for investment advisory and fund administration services. The amount of fees CSIM receives from the Schwab ETFs is not considered in ETF Select List selection, nor do the Schwab ETFs or any third-party ETF, or any of their affiliates, pay Schwab to be included in the ETF Select List.