Proper estate planning is an important component of your financial plan, as it can help your loved ones avoid an expensive, time-consuming process after you pass away.
An estate plan can also help you:
- Ensure the desired distribution of your assets.
- Minimize taxes, expenses, and unnecessary delays.
- Appoint guardians to care for your children.
- Provide financial security for your family.
- Make provisions in case you become incapacitated.
If you need help with estate planning these are three things to consider when getting started.
more information on estate planning
Estate planning checklist
Use our 4-step checklist to get started with creating your estate plan.
Choosing an attorney
Be sure to consult an experienced attorney, as estate laws vary by state.
Understanding estate taxes
Get tips on how to avoid estate taxes, which can eat away at the estate principal.
Ready to get started with Schwab?
Already a Schwab client?
Contact your Financial Consultant or call us anytime at