Coming soon: Schwab Stock Slices™
Own any of America's leading companies from the S&P 500® for as little as $5, even if their shares cost more.
Buy a single slice.
Or buy up to 10 slices at once.
All corporate logos and prices are for illustrative purposes only and are not a recommendation, an offer to sell, or a solicitation of an offer to buy any security. Share prices will vary based on market conditions.
Let’s say you want to invest in a company, but it’s stock price may be higher than what you want to pay. Instead of buying a whole share of stock, you can buy a fractional share for as little as $5. For example, if a company’s stock is selling at $1,000 a share and you were buying $200 worth of it, you would own 0.2 (20%) of a share. And of course, you can trade Stock Slices™ commission free online, just as you would regular stocks at Schwab.1
You have questions. We have answers.
- What is Schwab Stock Slices?
- What’s a fractional share?
- Which stocks are available for purchase through Schwab Stock Slices?
- Is there a minimum or limit on how much I can invest through Schwab Stock Slices?
- What happens after I purchase stocks through Schwab Stock Slices?
- Do I need a Schwab account?
- Are there any fees?
Have more questions? We’re here to help.