Deposit checks in a snap.
Deposit checks1,2 right into your Schwab Bank or Schwab Brokerage and IRA accounts3 using your Android™ device, iPhone® or iPad®. Available through our Schwab Mobile app.
Download the app now.
Benefits of mobile deposit
Deposit anytime, anywhere.
Save time by skipping the trip to a Schwab branch or the post office to make a deposit.
Move money in real-time.
Your deposit will typically be processed the same business day (when submitted before our deposit cutoff time4).5
Your data is protected.
The same strict security measures you rely on at Schwab.com, including multiple security layers and encryption technology.
Schwab Mobile Deposit™
How to deposit checks using our mobile app.
VO: Schwab Mobile Deposit™ is the quick and easy way for Schwab account holders to deposit checks from anywhere using a mobile device. It uses the same strict security measures you rely on at Schwab.com and is available for Schwab Bank or Schwab Brokerage and IRA accounts.
VO: To get started, you'll need the Schwab Mobile app. If you don't already have it, you can download the app from the app store on your mobile device.
VO: Schwab Mobile Deposit™ is built right into the app. So after you log in, simply tap "Deposit Check" from the home screen.
VO: If you haven't already, you will need to accept the terms and conditions for access to all the features in the app.
VO: If you have multiple accounts, choose the appropriate one and enter the amount of the deposit.
VO: After endorsing the back of your check, use your mobile device to take a picture of both sides of the check, making sure:
- The check is in focus and within the guidelines…
- The area is well-lit and there are no shadows covering the check…
- And the check isn’t overly wrinkled or folded.
VO: Tap "Review Deposit" to ensure everything is accurate and then tap "Deposit."
VO: A processing message will show your deposit being transmitted to Schwab. When it’s complete you will receive a "Deposit Acknowledgement," confirming receipt of your check images and deposit information.
VO: We'll take care of the rest and let you know when your check is posted to your account, but you can always check on the progress of a deposit in the "Deposit Status" tab of the app.
VO: Schwab Mobile Deposit™ makes depositing a check quick and easy, while using our latest online security measures. Download the latest version of the Schwab Mobile app today.
BROKERAGE PRODUCTS: NOT FDIC-INSURED – NO BANK GUARANTEE – MAY LOSE VALUE
Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection. Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons. Functionality may vary by operating system and/or device.
The Schwab Mobile Deposit service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, limitations, and other conditions. Enrollment is not guaranteed. Standard hold policies apply. Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection.
The Schwab Mobile Deposit Service is available to the following accounts: Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking®, Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Savings® (only if client also has a brokerage account), Schwab One®, Schwab One International®, Schwab Brokerage, and Schwab IRA.
View IRA Center for the IRA contribution guidelines and rules.
Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay, Touch ID and Apple Watch are trademarks of Apple Inc.
Android and Google Play are trademarks of Google Inc. Use of these trademarks are subject to Google Permissions.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products and services are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Schwab Bank, member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
©2018 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc, All rights reserved. Unauthorized access is prohibited. Usage will be monitored. ELC87565-00
See how it works.
See how fast and easy it is to make deposits through the app.
Your step-by-step guide.
From the summary screen, tap the button labeled "Deposit", and select which account to deposit to.
Enter the amount and take photos of the front and back of your check. Don't forget to sign the check.
StepReview and deposit.
Review the information and then submit by tapping "Deposit". You can check the status of the deposit in the app, and you'll receive an email when it is complete.
- What Schwab accounts are eligible?
Schwab brokerage, retirement (IRAs) and Charles Schwab Bank accounts are eligible to use with Schwab Mobile Deposit. Your eligible accounts are listed in the account selection menu on the "Deposit a Check" screen.
- Do I need to be a Schwab Mobile customer to use the Schwab Mobile Deposit service?
Yes, you'll need to download the Schwab Mobile app and be enrolled in the Schwab Mobile Deposit service. Enrollment in Schwab Mobile Deposit is not automatic, you need to be eligible to use this service.
- Who is eligible for this feature?
The Schwab Mobile Deposit service is subject to certain eligibility requirements and enrollment is not guaranteed. In addition, certain account types such as 529 Plans are not eligible. Also, mobile deposits to business accounts are not available at this time. Once you are enrolled in this service, only your eligible accounts will appear on the Mobile Deposit menu.
- What types of check can I deposit?
Checks must be issued by a U.S. bank in U.S. dollars. You may use the Schwab Mobile Deposit service to deposit original paper checks that are made payable to the name of the account holder or trust. Listed below are some checks that are not eligible for this service:
- Checks made payable to others
- Checks that are not dated, are postdated, or are more than six months old
- Checks payable to "Cash," "Charles Schwab," or "Charles Schwab Bank"
- Traveler's checks
- Checks that exceed your mobile daily deposit limit
For full list, please see the Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Mobile Deposit Service Terms and Conditions and the Charles Schwab Bank Mobile Deposit Service Terms and Conditions. Please note: Only Schwab clients can access the full list.
- When will my mobile deposit be available?
Deposits submitted on normal business days before 4 p.m. local time within the contiguous U.S. will be posted to your account the same day. Deposits made after 4 p.m. or on weekends or holidays will be posted the next business day. Please note that our standard hold policies apply.
- Is there a limit to how much money I can deposit using this service?
Yes, there is a limit on the amount you may deposit each day. Your daily deposit limit amount is clearly indicated on the Deposit screen, just under the Amount field.
- What should I do with my paper check after using Mobile Deposit?
On the top half of the face of the check, conspicuously make in ink ELECTRONICALLY PRESENTED immediately after you receive confirmation that the check has posted to your account. Regularly review your deposit transactions online or on the Deposit Status tab to determine when the check has been posted to your account.
If for some reason you deposit cannot be posted, Schwab may ask you to redeposit the check. Do so only if requested.
- Securely retain your checks for 14 days after the checks are posted to your account.
- Securely destroy your checks 14 days after the checks are posted to your account.
- How will I know if there's a problem with my mobile deposit?
You may receive an error message at the time of your deposit, or you may receive an email after Schwab has reviewed the deposit. (You’ll also see Unable to Process on the Deposit Status screen.) Common reasons for an error message include:
- Poor image quality. If this occurs, please take another picture of the front and back of the check and resubmit.
- Duplicate check. It is important to be sure that the same check is not deposited again, whether through Schwab Mobile, through the mail, or in Schwab branches. This problem can be avoided by writing ELECTRONICALLY PRESENTED on the top half of the face of the check, after it has posted to your account, as indicated above.
- Ineligible check. If this occurs, you should deposit the check my mail or at a Schwab branch.
- Stop payment. A check with a stop-payment order may not be deposited.
- Over client limit. If this occurs, you should deposit the check by mail or at a Schwab branch, or attempt to redeposit the check using your smart phone the following day.
- Missing endorsement, date or amount. If this occurs, Schwab will send you an email notification asking you to correct the check and redeposit it using Schwab Mobile.
- Can I deposit multiple checks during the same session?
You can only submit one check deposit at a time. However, you may make additional deposits by simply tapping Deposit Another Check once you have received confirmation that your previous deposit has been received.