How We’re Different
Since 1973, we’ve challenged the status quo. When investing got too complex, we made it accessible to all. When costs got too high, we led the industry in lowering prices. See how we’re constantly innovating to help meet your evolving needs.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource® service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Charles Schwab Bank, member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
* Restrictions apply. Online trades of Schwab ETFs are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (Member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs may be subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. An exchange process fee applies to sell transactions.
- Incorporated in April 1973
- Total client assets: $1.89 trillion (as of 9/30/12)
- 8.7 million active brokerage accounts (as of 9/30/12)
- Over $200 billion in assets under management*—among the nation’s largest asset management companies
- Among the largest money market fund managers and providers of retail index funds
- Headquartered in San Francisco, California, with offices in Texas, Ohio, Colorado, Indiana, New Jersey, Arizona, and Florida
- Over 300 branches in 45 states, plus Puerto Rico and London
*AUM as of December 31, 2011.
- Opened in April 2003 as a subsidiary of The Charles Schwab Corporation
- $89 billion in balance sheet assets (as of 4/15/2013)
- Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender
See the Schwab Bank Brochure for more details.