Download the Schwab app from iTunes®Get the AppClose

  • Find a branch
  • Chat
To expand the menu panel use the down arrow key. Use Tab to navigate through submenu items.

Retirement & Planning
Let's chat
Professional answers 24/7
Hi, have questions about your retirement? I can help …
Live chat

Custodial IRA


Custodial IRA

You can open a Custodial IRA for any child who is a minor and has earned income. Once the account is open, you manage it but funds in the account belong to the child.

Need IRA help? Call 866-855-5636 anytime.

Custodial IRAs at a glance:

  • Can be either a Traditional IRA or a Roth IRA.
  • Must be transitioned to the child when he or she reaches the "age of majority," typically 18 or 21 years old.
  • Can give children a head start on saving for future needs, such as college tuition or retirement.

Take the next step.

Open a Custodial IRA today.        Apply Now or call 866-855-5636.