Here's a tax-smart way to help your retirement savings grow. When you open a Roth IRA, your contributions and any earnings grow tax-free and qualified withdrawals can be taken tax-free. At Schwab, you'll get personal investment guidance and great tools and resources—all with no account service fees.1
What are the fees and commissions?
- Service fees: $01
- Minimum required to open an account: $1,0002
- Commissions: $8.95 per online equity trade;3 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account4
What do I get when I open a Roth IRA?
Every Schwab account comes with investment help and guidance. With this account, you'll get:
- Qualified withdrawals can be made tax-free
- No mandatory withdrawals (unlike a Traditional IRA)
- Retirement planning tools and resources in Understanding IRAs
- 24/7 service and support
Ready to get started?
Need help? Call
Take the next step.
Apply Now or call 866-855-5636.
- We're here to help.
We’ll help you choose the right account. Call 877-627-7734 or visit a local branch.
Your New Client Concierge will help you take care of the paperwork, transfer assets, and more.
Get a complimentary 1-on-1 consultation to select the right investments based on your goals.
1. There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other fees may apply; please see pricing details.
2. The $1,000 minimum required to open an account is waived if you set up an automatic monthly transfer of $100 through direct deposit or Schwab MoneyLink.
3. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
4. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs™ are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum $1,000 deposit is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of its affiliates.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal, or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, Schwab recommends that you consult with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, financial planner, or investment manager.