Can I manage my checking account anytime, anywhere3?
Yes. Use the Schwab Mobile app on your Android or iOS smartphone or tablet...
Do I pay ATM fees or account service fees?
No1. We reimburse any ATM fees you’re charged worldwide...
Do I need to open a brokerage account as well?
Yes8. A checking account linked to a Schwab One brokerage account makes it easy...
See more FAQs
What clients think about our Investor Checking account:
We're here to help
Clients of independent investment advisors: You may also contact your advisor or call Schwab Alliance at 800-515-2157.
1. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab Bank Visa® Platinum Debit Card wherever it is accepted. ATM fee rebates do not apply to any fees other than fees assessed for using an ATM to withdraw cash from your Schwab Bank account. Schwab Bank makes its best effort to identify those ATM fees eligible for rebate, based on information it receives from Visa and ATM operators. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab Bank Client Service Specialist for assistance at 888-403-9000. Schwab Bank reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time.
2. If you use your Card to withdraw foreign currency from an ATM, or to pay for a purchase with foreign currency, we charge your account for the U.S. dollar equivalent of the transaction. Depending on the specific arrangements that are in place, the exchange rate and calculation of the U.S. dollar equivalent will be done by the bank at which you conduct the transaction, the network to which the ATM belongs, or Visa. The bank or network may also charge a fee.
3. Schwab Mobile Deposit™ service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, limitations, and other conditions. Enrollment is not guaranteed and standard hold policies apply. Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection.
4. Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection. System availability and response times are subject to market conditions and your mobile connection limitations. Functionality may vary by operating system and/or device.
5. Funds deposited at Charles Schwab Bank are insured, in aggregate, up to $250,000, based on account ownership type, by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
6. The Annual Percentage Yield (APY) quoted is 0.10%, with a minimum balance of $0.01, as of 12/19/2016 . This rate is variable and may change without notice.
7. Brokerage fees and commissions do apply in your Schwab One brokerage account. Please see your Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors for more information on brokerage fees and charges.
8. Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking accounts are only available as linked accounts with Schwab One accounts. There are no minimum balance requirements, minimum balance charges, or minimum trade requirements in order to open or maintain the Schwab One brokerage account when you also open a linked High Yield Investor Checking account.
9. Apple®, the Apple logo, Apple Pay™, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.
Apple Pay is a service provided by Apple Inc. and not by Schwab Bank. Schwab Bank has no liability to you for any failure of Apple Pay.
Schwab Bank does not charge a fee for providing access to Apple Pay. However, third-party message and data rates may apply; please check with your wireless carrier for details regarding any fees.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products and services are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Schwab Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.