Streamline your online trading experience.
Schwab Trading Services
Spend less effort searching for ideas and more time acting on them with the intuitive online trading tools that are a part of Schwab Trading Services.
Introducing Trade Source®
Trade Source delivers data and news relevant to your portfolio, provides you with trade ideas that match your criteria, and includes our most powerful trading tools—all in a single destination.
Become a Schwab Trading Services client today.
Open an account or call us at 888-245-6864
Trade Source enhances your online trading at every step
Find ideas that fit
Use Strategy Screener to search for ideas based on different technical strategies, such as which stocks are performing better or worse than their sectors. Choose one that interests you for detailed, customizable results or scroll through each strategy for actionable ideas.
Follow the latest
Identify the biggest movers in the market with visually intuitive Market Heatmaps.
Stay in sync with
Find information you can act on with the Stay Connected™ feature, presenting the latest news about your specific holdings including corporate actions and technical conditions.
Validate ideas and know
when to make a move
Help plan your trades with clear and concise commentary on technical concepts like momentum, volume, and volatility.
Conveniently build and
All-In-One Trade Ticket
When you're researching an idea or monitoring a position and you decide it's time to act, the All-In-One Trade Ticket® will automatically populate the symbol and display current market information. Submit the order, then get right back to where you left off.
Find similar trading
features on mobile1
Schwab Mobile App
Get a seamless trading experience whether you're on Schwab.com or using the Schwab Mobile app. Monitor the market, manage positions, and place trades from your smartphone or tablet using many of the same signature tools found in Trade Source.
Make the most of Schwab.com with personalized support.
Whether you're a beginner or an experienced trader, get access to seasoned professionals passionate about helping you succeed. Get the support you want from Schwab specialists who can help you:
- Find online tools that fit the way you trade.
- Review your trading strategy.
- Get real-time trade analysis and decision support.
Schwab Trading Services clients can conveniently access focused support from Schwab by phone, live chat, or in-branch at one of over 300 locations.
View more Schwab.com trading features
Monitor orders, major domestic and international indices, your watch lists, and advancers and decliners.
View a company's revenue and earnings information, current and historical dividend information, including key dates, frequency, yield, and more.
View underlying options data for stocks and ETFs including an expanded options chain, underlying chart data, and put/call ratios.
Scan the market and filter for potential trading opportunities with pre-defined and customizable screeners for stocks, ETFs, and options.
Get current market perspectives and receive guidance for a variety of trading strategies with Schwab’s expert insights.
Proprietary and Third‑Party Research
Gain additional perspectives on the markets with guidance from Schwab and independent firms. And for the stocks you’re interested in, access our proprietary Schwab Equity Ratings® reports, plus buy-hold-sell recommendations from Market Edge® and Briefing.com.
Make sense of what's going on in your accounts with key information about your balances and positions, as well as specific buying power details.
Here's what our clients are saying about Schwab Trading Services:
"Charles Schwab is a great service that I would recommend to anybody investing in the stock market. The research tools are very helpful, they offer seminars and personal support. The experience has been phenomenal!"
"I've been with Schwab for a long time now and their service continues to evolve with the times...I'm very happy with their service and can always call if I have a question and it gets answered!
Full client testimonials may be found here >
Schwab Trading Services 500 Commission-Free Trades Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. With a qualifying net deposit of $100,000, earn 500 commission-free online trades. Offer valid for individuals who make a qualifying net deposit into a Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. (“Schwab”) retail brokerage account within 45 days of enrollment in the offer. Net deposits are assets deposited into the enrolled account minus assets withdrawn from the account and transferred out of Schwab. Only assets new to Schwab qualify; assets transferred from affiliates other than Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. and Schwab Retirement Plan Services Company are excluded. The trades will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one week of confirmation of your qualifying net deposit. Trades apply only to base equity, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and options commissions and options per-contract fees up to 20 contracts per trade (standard per-contract fees apply for additional contracts). Foreign transaction, exchange, and regulatory fees still apply. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platforms, and Schwab Wireless are eligible. Trades will expire 365 days after being credited to your account and will not be applied to previously executed trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades.
Schwab reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. This offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per client. No more than 500 trades per client may be received pursuant to all promotional offers in any 12-month period. This offer does not apply to brokerage accounts managed by independent investment advisors or enrolled in an advisory service, the Schwab Global Account ™, ERISA-covered retirement plans, certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts, or education savings accounts. This offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with any other offer and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; or their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Recent IRS guidance may impact your ability to make more than one IRA to IRA rollover in a one-year period. Any taxes related to the offer are your responsibility.
2. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, employer negotiated commission schedules applicable to equity compensation transactions, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
3. Ratings and reviews are powered by Bazaarvoice
Information about Clients Speak™, Ratings and Reviews by Schwab clients
Ratings and reviews are submitted by clients voluntarily and are screened for acceptance in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines prior to publication. Please see the for details regarding which reviews are published.
The average rating scores are based on published reviews for the indicated account(s) and services and do not incorporate ratings and reviews that do not satisfy the Publishing Guidelines. Ratings and reviews are added continuously and average ratings are updated dynamically as reviews are added or removed. During the period from 1/1/2011 to 1/27/2015, 3,261 reviews were submitted, 2,591 were accepted, and 670 were not accepted for publication in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines. Sorting of reviews by "Featured Reviews" first shows reviews selected by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank based on subjective criteria deemed relevant at the time of selection including marketing priorities.
Ratings and opinions expressed by clients are not meant to suggest future performance or the suitability of any account type, product, or service for any particular client and may not be representative of the experience of other clients. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information included in client reviews. Ratings and Reviews are powered by Bazaarvoice, a 3rd party vendor not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. or Schwab Bank.
If you have additional questions or concerns about Ratings & Reviews or would like to verify its authenticity, please contact a Schwab representative at either 800-435-4000, the phone number on your statement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Credit Notice: From Investor's Business Daily, January 26,2015, ©2015 Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Results based on an Investor's Business Daily ("IBD") and TechnoMetrica survey of 10,480 visitors to the IBD website between October and December 2014. Those individuals were asked to name and rate their primary online broker. Limiting data analysis to only those firms that were cited by 100 or more participants, thirteen online brokers were ranked based on Customer Experience Index scores for eleven separate attributes. For further information on how the ratings were calculated, see IBD's Criteria and Methodology.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options.. Multiple-leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled before considering any option transaction.
Schwab Trading Services includes access to StreetSmart® trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and priority access to Schwab trading specialists. Call 888-245-6864 to request access (a Schwab brokerage account is required). There are no fees to use Schwab Trading Services. Other account fees, optional data fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time. Access to electronic services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrades or maintenance, or for other reasons.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab") (Member SIPC) and optionsXpress, Inc. ("optionsXpress") (Member SIPC) are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation.