Trading Software: Research and Analyze
Recognizing and validating potential trade opportunities can be a challenge. That’s why StreetSmart Edge’s enhanced research and stock analysis features help give you more ways to make faster, informed decisions.
Advanced Stock Charting
- Quickly identify potential trade opportunities.
- Create multiple charts of the same stock for real-time analysis.
- Use built-in crosshairs to zero in on chart data specific to a day and time.
Chart Pattern Recognition
- Receive pattern-based strategy ideas and decision support.
- Find patterns intraday up to 5 years in the past.
- Set up pattern-based alerts to monitor your portfolio or watch list.
- Monitor the securities that matter to you, whether it’s with your pre-defined or custom watch lists, or your dynamically updated account positions.
- Easily save your Screener Plus results as a custom watch list.
- Get a well-rounded view of a company with convenient access to fundamental data including a business summary, a list of executives, and sector/industry information.
- View key metrics including earnings, dividends, ratings, short interest, and more.
Stock Symbol Hub
- Key tools are organized within a single window of the platform.
- Tools in Symbol Hub update simultaneously when you enter a new symbol.
- Switch your view between research and live data with a single click.
- Use instant signals to better time your stock market entries and exits.
- View your data with customizable graphs or numerical formats.
- Easily view stock analysis and opinions, such as price and volume analysis, as well as moving average and technical analysis for nearly 5,000 stocks.
- Sync Market Edge to your trading tools to align your trades with your analysis.
Market Edge is a registered trademark(s) of Computrade Systems, Inc., which is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
With a qualifying net deposit of $50,000, earn 500 commission-free online trades and four premium support check-ins with a trading coach.
Offer valid for new clients who do not have a Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) brokerage account (other than a Retirement Plan Services or Stock Plan Services account) and who open and make a qualifying net deposit into a retail brokerage account within 45 days of enrollment in the offer. Net deposits are assets deposited into the account minus assets withdrawn from the account and transferred out of Schwab. Only assets new to Schwab’s retail division qualify; assets transferred from affiliates are excluded. Approximately one week after confirmation of your qualifying net deposit you will receive instructions on how to opt in to receive a quarterly call from a Customer Service Representative for Trading Services clients and the trades will be credited to your account. The trades will be applied only to the enrolled account and apply only to base equity, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and options commissions. Options per-contract, foreign transaction, exchange, and regulatory fees still apply. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platforms, and Schwab Wireless are eligible. Trades will expire 365 days after being credited to your account and will not be applied to previously executed trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades.
Schwab reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. This offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per client. No more than 500 trades per client may be received pursuant to all promotional offers in any 12-month period. This offer does not apply to brokerage accounts managed by independent investment advisors, the Schwab Global Account™, ERISA-covered retirement plans, certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts, or education savings accounts. This offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with other offers and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; or their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Any taxes related to the offer are your responsibility.
Schwab Trading Services includes access to StreetSmart® trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and priority access to Schwab trading specialists. Call 888-245-6864 to request access (a Schwab brokerage account is required). There are no fees to use Schwab Trading Services. Other account fees, optional data fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time. Access to electronic services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrades or maintenance, or for other reasons.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Covered calls provide downside protection only to the extent of the premium received and limit upside potential to the strike price plus premium received. With long options, investors may lose 100% of funds invested. Multiple-leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options.
The Schwab Equity Ratings and stock lists or models are not personal recommendations for any particular investor; do not take into account the financial, investment or other objectives; and may not be suitable for any particular investor. Before buying, investors should consider whether the investment is suitable for themselves and their portfolio. Additionally, investors should consider any recent market or company news. Stocks can be volatile and entail risk, and individual stocks may not be suitable for an investor.
Symbols and price and volume data shown here are for illustrative purposes only, and do not constitute a recommendation by Schwab to buy or sell a particular security.
Schwab does not recommend the use of technical analysis as a sole means of investment research.
Third-party news providers are not affiliated with Schwab. The information is presented as a service to Schwab clients, and Schwab makes no judgment or warranty with respect to accuracy, timeliness, completeness, or suitability of information. It is presented for general informational purposes only and should not be considered an individualized recommendation or personalized investment advice. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.