Get Help Finding Investments
1. Certificates of Deposit available through Schwab CD OneSource typically offer a fixed rate of return, although some offer variable rates. They are FDIC insured and offered through Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
2. Investments in managed accounts should be considered in view of a larger, more diversified investment portfolio. Please read Schwab’s disclosure brochure for important information and disclosures relating to managed accounts at Schwab.
3. Diversification strategies do not ensure a profit and do not protect against losses in declining markets.
Windhaven Diversified Portfolios strategies and ThomasPartners portfolios are available through Schwab's Managed Account Connection program. Please read Schwab's disclosure brochure for important information and disclosures relating to Schwab Managed Account Connection and Schwab Managed Account Services.
Portfolio management is provided by Windhaven, an affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"). Windhaven Investment Management, Inc. is a registered investment advisor and an affiliate of Schwab.
4. Portfolio management is provided by Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc., a registered investment advisor and affiliate of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Please ask to see the Schwab Private Client and the Schwab Private Client Investment Advisory, Inc. Disclosure Brochures for information and disclosures about this service.
5. Advisors are independent and are not employees or agents of Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"). Schwab selects advisors and checks their experience and credentials against criteria Schwab sets, such as years of experience managing investments, amount of assets managed, professional education, regulatory licensing, and business relationship as a client of Schwab. Advisors pay fees to Schwab in connection with referrals. Schwab does not supervise advisors and does not prepare, verify, or endorse information distributed by advisors. Investors must decide whether to hire an advisor and what authority to give him/her. Investors, not Schwab, are responsible for monitoring and evaluating an advisor’s service, performance, and account transactions.
6. Target date fund asset allocations are subject to change over time in accordance with each fund’s prospectus. . Investment value and return will fluctuate, such that shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost. The funds are built for investors who expect to start gradual withdrawals of fund assets on the target date, to begin covering expenses in retirement.
7. Portfolio management for Schwab Managed Portfolios is provided by Charles Schwab Investment Advisory, Inc. ("CSIA"), an affiliate of Charles Schwab and Co., Inc. ("Schwab"). Please read Schwab's Disclosure Brochure for important information and disclosures relating to Schwab Managed Portfolios.
Investors should carefully consider information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling Schwab at 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
An investment in a money market fund is neither insured nor guaranteed by the FDIC or any other government agency. Yields will fluctuate and, although the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the fund.
For Target Date Funds, investors should carefully consider information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can view, download, and print a prospectus by clicking Investor Information, or call 800-435-4000 to request a prospectus. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment value and return will fluctuate, such that shares, when redeemed, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
The funds are built for investors who expect to start gradual withdrawals of fund assets on the target date, to begin covering expenses in retirement.
The information here is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered an individualized recommendation or personalized investment advice. The type of securities and investment strategies mentioned may not be suitable for everyone. Each investor needs to review a security transaction for his or her own particular situation.
The information on this website is for educational purposes only. It is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal, or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, consult with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, financial planner, or investment manager.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so an investor’s shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc., ("CSIM") the investment advisor for the Schwab ETFs and an affiliate of Schwab, receives fees from the Schwab ETFs for investment advisory and fund administration services. The amount of fees CSIM receives from the Schwab ETFs is not considered in ETF Select List selection, nor do the Schwab ETFs or any third-party ETF, or any of their affiliates, pay Schwab to be included in the ETF Select List.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of its affiliates.
MUTUAL FUNDS/TARGET DATE FUNDS/ MONEY MARKET FUNDS
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so an investor’s shares, when sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
The values of the funds will fluctuate up to and after the target dates. There is no guarantee the funds will provide adequate income at or through retirement.
The funds are subject to market volatility and risks associated with the underlying investments. Risks include exposure to international and emerging markets, small company and sector equity securities, and fixed income securities subject to changes in inflation, interest rates, market valuations, liquidity, prepayments and extensions, and early redemption.
Target date fund asset allocations are subject to change over time in accordance with each fund's prospectus. The principal value of the funds is not guaranteed at any time, and will continue to fluctuate up to and after the target date.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., a licensed insurance agency, distributes certain insurance and variable annuity contracts that are issued by insurance companies not affiliated with Schwab. Not all annuity contracts are available in every state.
FIXED INCOME/ CDs
Fixed income securities are subject to increased loss of principal during periods of rising interest rates. Fixed income investments are subject to various other risks, including changes in credit quality, market valuations, liquidity, prepayments, early redemption, corporate events, tax ramifications, and other factors. For further details, please feel free to contact a Schwab Fixed Income Specialist at 800-626-4600.
CDs from Schwab CD OneSource are issued by FDIC-insured institutions, and are subject to change and system access. Unlike mutual funds, certificates of deposit offer a fixed rate of return and are FDIC-insured up to $250,000, per depositor per institution, based on account ownership type. Visit www.fdic.gov for details. There may be costs associated with early redemption and possible market value adjustment.