Our wide selection of investment products provides you with the right choices to build a diversified portfolio and reach your goals. Plus you’ll get clear, reliable help to guide your investing decisions.
Featured Investment Products
All Investment Products
Access thousands of no-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds at Schwab.1
Pay $0 online commissions2 in your Schwab account with Schwab ETF OneSource™.
Choose from a wide range of alternatives for all of your cash needs.
Get help evaluating stock opportunities and enjoy fast trading and execution,3 all with low commissions.
Trade stocks from over 35 countries, and access more than 60 international stock exchanges.
Get a comprehensive selection and specialized help, all at a low price.
Take advantage of sophisticated options tools, education, and specialized support—all at a great price.
Access futures trading tools and resources from optionsXpress, part of The Charles Schwab Corporation.
Access a convenient and flexible source of funds for trading or personal needs with a Schwab margin loan.4
Generate reliable retirement income or save for retirement with variable annuities' unique combination of insurance and investments.
Help protect your family and preserve your assets with life, disability or long-term care insurance at Schwab.
Take the next step.
Start choosing the right investments for you.
Open an Account or call 866-855-5637.
1. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Charles Schwab Bank, member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Schwab’s short-term redemption fee of $49.95 will be charged on redemption of funds purchased through Schwab’s Mutual Fund OneSource® service (and certain other funds with no transaction fees) and held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to exempt certain funds from this fee, including Schwab Funds®, which may charge a separate redemption fee, and funds that accommodate short-term trading. For trade orders placed through a broker, a $25 service charge applies. Funds are also subject to management fees and expenses.
Trades in no-load mutual funds available through Schwab’s Mutual Fund OneSource service (including Schwab Funds), as well as trades in certain other funds, are available without transaction fees when placed through Schwab.com or our automated phone channels. For each of these trade orders placed through a broker, a $25 service charge applies. Schwab reserves the right to change the funds we make available without transaction fees and to reinstate fees on any funds. Funds are also subject to management fees and expenses.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services.
2. Conditions Apply: Trades in ETFs available through Schwab ETF OneSource™ (including Schwab ETFs™) are available without commissions when placed online in a Schwab account. Service charges apply for trade orders placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). An exchange processing fee applies to sell transactions. Certain types of Schwab ETF OneSource transactions are not eligible for the commission waiver, such as short sells and buys to cover (not including Schwab ETFs). Schwab reserves the right to change the ETFs we make available without commissions. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. Please see the "Charles Schwab Pricing Guide" for additional information.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from third-party ETF companies participating in Schwab ETF OneSource™ for record keeping, shareholder services and other administrative services, including program development and maintenance.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Learn more at schwab.com/SchwabETFs.
3. Access to electronic services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, or maintenance, or for other reasons.
4. Not all securities are marginable. Main types that are not marginable include mutual funds for the first 30 days of purchase; unlisted, low-priced, or illiquid equities; and low-rated corporate bonds.
Schwab may impose account-level requirements above 30% on concentrated positions.
When considering a margin loan, you should determine how the use of margin fits your own investment philosophy. Because of the risks involved, it is important that you fully understand the rules and requirements involved in trading securities on margin:
- Margin trading increases your level of market risk.
- Your downside is not limited to the collateral value in your margin account.
- Schwab may initiate the sale of any securities in your account, without contacting you, to meet a margin call.
- Schwab may increase its “house” maintenance margin requirements at any time and is not required to provide you with advance written notice.
- You are not entitled to an extension of time on a margin call.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Please read the options disclosure document titled Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options .
International investments are subject to additional risks such as currency fluctuation, political instability, economic risk and the potential for illiquid markets. Investing in emerging markets may accentuate these risks.
Review Schwab’s disclosure statement about margin borrowing.
Money market funds are neither insured nor guaranteed by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation or any other government agency. Although the fund seeks to preserve the value of your investment at $1.00 per share, it is possible to lose money by investing in the fund.
Futures trading carries a high level of risk and is not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade futures. Please read the Risk Disclosure Statement for Futures and Options before considering any futures transactions.
Variable annuities are sold by prospectus only. You can request a prospectus by calling 888-311-4887 or by visiting schwab.com/annuity. Before purchasing a variable annuity, you should carefully read the prospectus and consider the investment objectives and all risks, charges, and expenses associated with the annuity and its investment options.
The strength of an annuity's guaranteed income stream is dependent upon the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company.
Variable annuities are long-term investment vehicles designed for retirement purposes. Withdrawals prior to age 59½, however, may be subject to a 10% Federal tax penalty in addition to applicable income taxes.
The value of a variable annuity may be more or less than the premiums paid and it is possible to lose money.Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., a licensed insurance agency, offers annuity products that are issued by leading insurance companies that are not affiliated with Schwab. Not all annuity contracts are available in every state.