To reach your retirement goals, we recommend taking full advantage of tax-smart ways to save. With a Schwab Traditional IRA, you won't pay taxes on earnings until you make withdrawals, and you may get immediate tax benefits when you contribute.
What are the fees and commissions?
- $0 account open or maintenance fees. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply1
- Minimum required to open an account: $1,0002
- Commissions: $8.95 per online equity trade;3 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account4
What do I get with this Traditional IRA?
Every Schwab account comes with investment help and guidance. With this account, you’ll get:
- Immediate tax benefits if you qualify
- Potential gains accumulate tax-deferred—pay no taxes until funds are withdrawn in retirement
- Retirement planning tools and resources in Understanding IRAs
- 24/7 service and support
Ready to get started?Apply Now
Need help? Call
- We're here to help.
We’ll help you choose the right account. Call 877-627-7734 or visit a local branch.
Your New Client Concierge will help you take care of the paperwork, transfer assets, and more.
Get a complimentary 1-on-1 consultation to select the right investments based on your goals.
1. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors (“the Guide") and any amendments to the Guide for comprehensive details on fees.
2. The $1,000 minimum required to open an account is waived if you set up an automatic monthly transfer of $100 through direct deposit or Schwab MoneyLink.
3. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
4. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs™ are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum $1,000 deposit is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal, or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, Schwab recommends that you consult with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, financial planner, or investment manager.