Our popular brokerage account lets you invest in everything from stocks and bonds to mutual funds, ETFs, and more. Take advantage of all our research and tools, expert insight, and investment guidance to support your investing decisions.
What do I get with this account?
By opening a brokerage account with Charles Schwab, you'll get:
- An easy way to trade stocks, options, bonds, ETFs, mutual funds, CDs, and more1
- Access to proprietary and third-party research and tools
- Expert perspective advice on markets and investing
- 24/7 service and support
- Ability to manage your money and deposits from anywhere using Schwab Mobile
No account opening fees, low minimum
Charles Schwab brokerage accounts feature:
- No fees to open or maintain an account. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply
- $1,000 minimum investment to open an account2
- Commissions: $8.95 per online equity trade3; commission-free Schwab ETF online trades in your Schwab account4
- Social Security number(s)
- Driver's license information
- Employer's name and address (if applicable)
- Statement information for assets or cash you may want to transfer
Need Help? Call 866-232-9890
1. Account must be approved and funded before trading can occur.
2. The $1,000 minimum required to open an account is waived if you set up an automatic monthly transfer of $100 through direct deposit or Schwab MoneyLink or open a Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking account linked to your brokerage account.
3. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
4. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (Member SIPC), while trades of certain third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. An exchange process fee applies to sell transactions.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
System availability and response times are subject to market conditions and mobile connection limitations. Schwab Mobile Deposit service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, limitations, and other conditions. Enrollment is not guaranteed and standard hold policies apply. Click here for .