Introducing Schwab Investing Themes™.
Discover 40+ customizable themes, each with up to 25 research-backed stocks.
You deserve more. We can help.
Manage your own investments with ease.
Access a full range of tools, resources, and expertise to invest the way you want.
Supercharge your trading experience.
Get the best in trading—award-winning platforms, tailored education, and specialized support.
Get a jumpstart with automated investing.
Schwab Intelligent Portfolios® builds, monitors, and automatically rebalances a portfolio based on your goals.
Choose professional wealth management.
Pursue your goals confidently with the help of Schwab's comprehensive wealth and investment management solutions.
Take the next step.
Open an account
#1 in Investor Satisfaction with Full-Service Wealth Management Firms
J.D. Power 2023 U.S. Full-Service Investor Satisfaction Study℠
Charles Schwab received the highest score in the J.D. Power 2023 U.S. Full-Service Investor Satisfaction Study, which measures investor satisfaction with full-service investment firms. Visit jdpower.com/awards for more details. The J.D. Power 2023 U.S. Full-Service Investor Satisfaction Study is independently conducted, and the participating firms do not pay to participate. Use of study results in promotional materials is subject to a license fee.
The only broker to rank in the top three for all 11 years!
Investor's Business Daily: Best Online Brokers 2023
Investor's Business Daily award was given on January 30, 2023, and is for a 15-month timeframe. The criteria, evaluation, and ranking were determined by Investor’s Business Daily. Schwab paid a licensing fee to York Graphic Services, LLC for use of the award and logos.
Ranked #1 Most Trusted Bank
Investor's Business Daily: Most Trusted Financial Companies 2023 (Bank)
The IBD Most Trusted Bank award was given to Charles Schwab Bank on September 25, 2023, and expires December 31, 2024. The criteria, evaluation, and ranking were determined by Investor's Business Daily. Schwab paid a licensing fee to York Graphic Services, LLC for the use of the award and logos.
Important information about our relationship with you: Client Relationship Summaries
Our Client Relationship Summaries offer a brief summary of our services, fees, and obligations when we work with you in a broker-dealer or an investment advisory relationship. Learn more at schwab.com/transparency >
We encourage your questions.
Here are answers to some top questions from investors like you:
- $0 online listed stock, option, and ETF trade commissions1,2
- Thousands of non-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds3
- No charge to work with a Schwab Financial Consultant (other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply)
There are certain eligibility requirements for working with a dedicated Financial Consultant.
1. Standard online $0 commission does not apply to over-the-counter (OTC) equities, transaction-fee mutual funds, futures, fixed-income investments, or trades placed directly on a foreign exchange or in the Canadian market. Options trades will be subject to the standard $0.65 per-contract fee. Service charges apply for trades placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). Exchange process, ADR, and Stock Borrow fees still apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors for full fee and commission schedules.
2. ETFs at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab") which are U.S. exchange-listed can be traded without a commission on buy and sell transactions made online in a Schwab account. Unlisted ETFs are subject to a commission. Please see pricing guide for additional information. Schwab does not receive payment to promote any particular ETF to its customers. Schwab's affiliate Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. ("CSIM") serves as investment advisor to the Schwab ETFs, which compensate CSIM out of the applicable operating expense ratios. The amount of the fees is disclosed in the prospectus of each ETF.
3. Trades in no load funds available through Schwab's Mutual Fund OneSource® service (including Schwab Funds), as well as certain other funds, are available without transaction fees when placed through schwab.com or our automated phone channels. For each of these trade orders placed through a broker, a $25 service charge applies. Schwab's short-term redemption fee of $49.95 will be charged on redemption of funds purchased through Mutual Fund OneSource® service and held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to change the funds we make available without transaction fees and to reinstate fees on any funds. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services.
There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply.
You can open an account online, by phone, or in one of over 300 branches.
Click here to open an account online in about 10 minutes.
- Choose your account type.
- Complete an application.
- Get started funding and investing.
Or call us at 800-435-4000 or find a branch.
Schwab offers a wide selection of investment products to help you build a diversified portfolio and reach your goals.
Moving your existing account to a new brokerage firm may seem daunting, but Schwab makes the process easy:
- Open a Schwab account.
- Use our online account transfer tool to initiate the process and monitor progress.
- View and access your assets in your Schwab account.
Schwab Bank Investor Checking™ is the checking account built for investors like you. It is conveniently linked to a Schwab One® Brokerage account so you get all the features of our award-winning checking account plus cash management solutions designed for investors like you—seamlessly in one place, with one login, only from Schwab.1
Enjoy features designed especially for investors:
- Quickly move money: move cash between brokerage and checking accounts in seconds and access it instantly for trading and investing2
- Manage both checking and investing with a single login
Plus, get award-winning checking account benefits:
- No fees or minimums: Unlimited ATM fee rebates for cash withdrawals worldwide.3 Plus, no monthly service fees,4 account minimums, foreign transaction fees,3 or overdraft fees.
- Know your money is secure: Keep your money safe with features like fraud alerts and travel notifications, plus FDIC insurance on up to $250,000 per depositor.5
- Access 24/7 assistance from dedicated teams
- Receive free standard checks once your account is funded with at least $100, and Schwab Bank Bill Pay™ will be activated and a Visa® Platinum Debit Card will be sent upon account funding.
Open a Schwab Bank Investor Checking account today.
1. The Schwab Bank Investor Checking™ account is available only as a linked account with a Schwab One® brokerage account. The Schwab One brokerage account has no minimum balance requirements, no minimum balance charges, and no minimum trade requirements, and there is no requirement to fund this account when opened with a linked Investor Checking account.
2. In general, cash moved from your brokerage account is available in seconds; however, during weekend and afterhours, it may not be available until the next business day.
3. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab Bank Visa® Platinum Debit Card wherever it is accepted. ATM fee rebates do not include any fees imposed by merchants or ATM operators for POS transactions, or fees for stamp purchases, balance inquiries, non-local ATM currency withdrawal fees (referred to as dynamic currency conversion fees), or any other transaction other than an ATM cash withdrawal in local currency from your Schwab Bank account. Schwab Bank makes its best effort to identify those ATM fees eligible for rebate based on information it receives from Visa and ATM operators. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab Bank Client Service Specialist for assistance at 888-403-9000 (or for clients of independent investment advisors, a Schwab Alliance Service team Member at 800-515-2157). Schwab Bank reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM surcharge rebate at any time.
If you use your Card to withdraw foreign currency from an ATM or to pay for a purchase with foreign currency Schwab Bank charges your account for the U.S. dollar equivalent of the transaction. Depending on the specific arrangements that are in place, the exchange rate and calculation of the U.S. dollar equivalent will be done by the bank at which you conduct the transaction, the network to which the ATM belongs, or Visa. The bank or network may also charge a fee. Schwab Bank does not assess foreign transaction fees (i.e., a fee to convert U.S. dollars to local currency) to debit card holders. See the Schwab Bank Visa Debit Card Agreement for details.
4. Schwab Bank's Investor Checking account has no account maintenance or activity fees. Fees may be assessed for additional services such as custom check orders, outgoing wires, or rush delivery. Review Schwab Bank's full Deposit Account Pricing Guide or contact Schwab Bank at 888-403-9000. Schwab Bank reserves the right to amend these terms at any time.
5. Funds deposited at Charles Schwab Bank, SSB, are insured, in aggregate, up to $250,000 based on account ownership type by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
Have more questions? We're here to help.