A SIMPLE IRA is an easy and low-cost way to set up a retirement program for you and up to 100 employees. Eligible employees can fund their own accounts through regular salary deferrals, and you make additional contributions.
What are the fees and minimums?
- $0 account open or maintenance fees. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply1.
- Account minimum: $0
- Commissions: $6.95 per online trade2 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account3
There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other fees may apply; please see Account Pricing.
What do I get with the SIMPLE IRA?
- A way to contribute to your own retirement easily and regularly, and help your employees contribute to theirs
- A low-cost plan funded mainly by employees
- Employer-matched contributions of up to 3% of annual compensation
- Business expense deductions for employee contributions
- Tax-deferred earnings
- Easy administration with no tax filing
- Retirement planning tools and resources
- 24/7 service and support
Take the next step.
Open a Schwab SIMPLE IRA today.
Get detailed instructions above in Establish Your Plan.
Or, call 800-435-4000 to speak with a Schwab investment professional.
1. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors ("the Guide") and any amendments to the Guide for
comprehensive details on fees.
2. Restrictions apply: The $6.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
3. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs™ are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
4. You may set a lower minimum compensation amount if you want to allow more employees to participate.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can obtain a prospectus by visiting www.schwabetfs.com. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
This information is not intended to be a substitute for specific individualized tax, legal or investment planning advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, Schwab recommends consultation with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, Financial Planner or Investment Manager.
Account must be approved and funded before trading can occur.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.