Schwab Trading Services™
Schwab is a great choice for active traders. Get our most advanced and intuitive tools, extensive trading education, support from dedicated specialists, and more. Just open a Schwab brokerage account from this page to be enrolled in Trading Services.
What do I get with Trading Services?
What are the fees and commissions?
The fees and commissions associated with Schwab Trading Services are the same as other Schwab accounts:
- Service fees: $01
- Account minimum: $1,000
- Commissions: $8.95 per online equity trade;2 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account3
- Low Margin Rates—Get competitive rates from Schwab. Borrow against the securities in your portfolio and increase your buying power.
To be enrolled in Trading Services, open an account online using the ‘Apply now’ button on this page or call us.
Already a client? Log in to enroll an existing Schwab brokerage account online.
Take the next step
Apply Now or call 888-245-6864 to speak to a dedicated Trading Services on-boarding services representative.
With a qualifying net deposit of $50,000, earn 500 commission-free online trades and four premium support check-ins with a trading coach.
Offer valid for new clients who do not have a Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) brokerage account (other than a Retirement Plan Services or Stock Plan Services account) and who open and make a qualifying net deposit into a retail brokerage account within 45 days of enrollment in the offer. Net deposits are assets deposited into the account minus assets withdrawn from the
account and transferred out of Schwab. Only assets new to Schwab’s retail division qualify; assets transferred from affiliates are excluded. Approximately one week after confirmation of your qualifying net deposit you will receive instructions on how to opt in to receive a quarterly call from a Customer Service Representative for Trading Services clients and the trades will be credited to your account. The trades will be applied only to the enrolled account and apply only to base equity, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and options commissions. Options per-contract, foreign transaction, exchange, and regulatory fees still apply. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platforms, and Schwab Wireless are eligible. Trades will expire 365 days after being credited to your account and will not be applied to previously executed trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades.
Schwab reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. This offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per client. No more than 500 trades per client may be received pursuant to all promotional offers in any 12-month period. This offer does not apply to brokerage accounts managed by independent investment advisors, the Schwab Global Account ™, ERISA-covered retirement plans, certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts, or education savings accounts. This offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with other offers and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; or their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Any taxes related to the offer are your responsibility.
Schwab brokerage account applications submitted online and originating from this page will automatically be enrolled in Schwab Trading Services (formerly Active Trader or Active Trading services), which includes access to StreetSmart® trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and priority access to Schwab trading specialists. After the account is opened, Trading Services enrollment is usually completed every hour. For faster enrollment, call 888-245-6864 to speak to a Schwab Trading Services representative. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
1. There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other fees may apply; please see pricing details.
2. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
3. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs™ are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum $1,000 deposit is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
4. Account must be approved and funded before trading can occur.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of its affiliates.
When considering a margin loan, you should determine how the use of margin fits your own investment philosophy. Because of the risks involved, it is important that you fully understand the rules and requirements involved in trading securities on margin.
• Margin trading increases your level of market risk.
• Your downside is not limited to the collateral value in your margin account
• Schwab may initiate the sale of any securities in your account, without contacting you, to meet a margin call.
• Schwab may increase its “house” maintenance margin requirements at any time and is not required to provide you with advance written notice.
• You are not entitled to an extension of time on a margin call.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Charles Schwab Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.