Schwab Active Trading Services
Schwab is a great choice for active traders. Get our most advanced and intuitive tools, extensive trading education, support from dedicated specialists, and more. Just open a Schwab brokerage account from this page to be enrolled in Active Trading services.
What do I get with Active Trading services?
What are the fees and commissions?
The fees and commissions associated with Schwab Active Trading services are the same as other Schwab accounts:
- Service fees: $01
- Account minimum: $1,000
- Commissions: $8.95 per online equity trade;2 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account3
- Low Margin Rates—Get competitive rates from Schwab. Borrow against the securities in your portfolio and increase your buying power.
To be enrolled in Active Trading services, open an account online using the ‘Apply now’ button on this page or call us.
Already a client? Log in to enroll an existing Schwab brokerage account online.
Ready to bring your trading to Schwab?
Need Help? Call
888-245-6864 to speak to a dedicated Active Trading on-boarding services representative.
Take the next step
Apply Nowor call 888-245-6864 to speak to a dedicated Active Trading on-boarding services representative.
Schwab brokerage account applications submitted online and originating from this page will automatically be enrolled in Schwab’s Active Trading services, which include access to StreetSmart™ trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and priority access to Schwab trading specialists. After the account is opened, Active Trading services enrollment is usually completed within two business days. For faster enrollment, call 888-245-6864 to speak to a Schwab Active Trading services representative. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time.
Android is a trademark of Google Inc. Use of this trademark is subject to Google Permissions.
1. There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other fees may apply; please see pricing details.
2. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
3. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs™ are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum $1,000 deposit is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
4. Account must be approved and funded before trading can occur.
5.Free trades expire 180 days after account approval, up to 250 trades total. Applies to base online equity, ETF, and option commissions only. Option per-contract and foreign transaction fees still apply. To qualify, deposit $50,000. Other commission-free trade offers may be available if you deposit less than $50,000 -- call 888-245-6864 for terms. Commission-free trades will be assigned following determination of eligibility by Schwab. Account and assets deposited must be new to Schwab. Assets transferred from optionsXpress, Inc. or other Schwab affiliates are excluded. Current Schwab clients and households are not eligible. Offer valid until 06/30/2013. Offer is nontransferable, limited to one per household, and may not be combined with other offers. Accounts ineligible for this offer include, without limitation: 401(k), 403(b), Custodial, 529 Plan and Estate accounts. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platform applications and Schwab Wireless are eligible for free trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades. Domestic, nonprofessional accounts only. Schwab, Schwab-affiliated, broker-dealer and exchange employees are not eligible. Other exceptions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to restrict this offer at any time.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of its affiliates.
When considering a margin loan, you should determine how the use of margin fits your own investment philosophy. Because of the risks involved, it is important that you fully understand the rules and requirements involved in trading securities on margin.
• Margin trading increases your level of market risk.
• Your downside is not limited to the collateral value in your margin account
• Schwab may initiate the sale of any securities in your account, without contacting you, to meet a margin call.
• Schwab may increase its “house” maintenance margin requirements at any time and is not required to provide you with advance written notice.
• You are not entitled to an extension of time on a margin call.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Charles Schwab Bank, Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.