Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account
Pay no ATM fees worldwide with our popular online checking account.1 There are no monthly service fees, you’ll earn interest on your balance, and your account is FDIC-insured.
What are the fees and minimums?
- Monthly service fees: $0
- Account minimum: $0
What do I get with this account?
- Unlimited fee rebates from any ATM worldwide1
- A 0.10% APY variable interest rate on any balance2
- Free bill pay on Schwab.com and Schwab Mobile
- Apply for Schwab Mobile Deposit™ to deposit checks from anywhere
- Free standard checks and a Visa® Platinum debit card
- FDIC insurance up to $250,0003
- A linked Schwab One® brokerage account with no fees or minimums
Ready to get started?
Select your account type:
Need help? Call 800-540-6718.
1. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab Bank Visa Platinum check card wherever it is accepted. ATM fee rebates do not apply to any fees other than fees assessed for using an ATM to withdraw cash from your Schwab Bank account. Schwab Bank makes its best effort to identify those ATM fees eligible for rebate, based on information it receives from Visa and ATM operators. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab Bank Client Service Specialist for assistance at 888-403-9000. Schwab Bank reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time.
2. The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking account, with a minimum balance of $0.01, offers a 0.10% annual percentage yield (APY) as of 03/01/2013. This rate is variable and may change without notice.
3. Funds deposited at Charles Schwab Bank are insured, in aggregate, up to $250,000, based on account ownership type, by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
4. Overdraft protection using margin sources may create a margin loan in your Schwab One brokerage account that may be subject to daily interest charges, margin calls, or potential liquidation of securities. Refer to the Schwab Bank Deposit Account Agreement and Schwab One Account Agreement for further details.
The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking account is available only as a linked account with a Schwab One brokerage account. The Schwab One brokerage account has no minimum balance requirements when opened with a linked High Yield Checking account.
Schwab Mobile Deposit service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, and enrollment is not guaranteed. Standard hold policies apply. Requires a wireless signal or Wi-Fi connection.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and wholly owned subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products and services are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Schwab Bank, member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.