Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account®
Pay no ATM fees worldwide with our popular online checking account.1 There are no monthly service fees, you’ll earn interest on your balance, and your account is FDIC-insured.
What are the fees and minimums?
- Monthly service fees: $0
- Account minimum: $0
What do I get with this account?
- Unlimited fee rebates from any ATM worldwide1
- A 0.06% APY variable interest rate on any balance2
- Free bill pay on Schwab.com and Schwab Mobile
- Apply for Schwab Mobile Deposit™ to deposit checks from anywhere
- Free standard checks and a Visa® Platinum debit card once the account has been funded.
- FDIC insurance up to $250,0003
- A linked Schwab One® brokerage account
- Link to Apple Pay™ to make purchases with your iPhone® 6 or iPhone 6 Plus Learn more.
Ready to get started?
Need help? Call 800-540-6718.
1. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using your debit card wherever it is accepted. ATM fee rebates do not apply to any fees other than those assessed for using an ATM to withdraw cash from your Schwab Bank account. Schwab Bank makes its best effort to identify those ATM fees eligible for rebate, based on information it receives from Visa and ATM operators. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab Bank Client Service Specialist for assistance at 888-403-9000. Schwab Bank reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time.
2. The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account®, with a minimum balance of $0.01, offers a 0.06% annual percentage yield (APY) as of 04/07/2015. This rate is variable and may change without notice.
3. Funds deposited at Charles Schwab Bank are insured, in aggregate, up to $250,000, based on account ownership type, by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC).
4. For details, refer to the Schwab Bank Deposit Account Pricing Guide and Account Agreement.
5. From MONEY® Magazine, November, 2014 ©2014 Time Inc. MONEY is a registered trademark of Time Inc. and is used under License. MONEY and Time Inc. are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Charles Schwab.
MONEY'S SELECTION PROCESS: THE CONTENDERS MONEY looked at the 50 biggest brick-and-mortar banks by consumer deposits and number of branches, plus the 20 biggest online banks by deposits, based on data from financial services consulting firm Novantas. THE CRITERIA -The considerations for checking picks were maintenance fees and ease of waiving them, other charges, restrictions, and perks (like interest or ATM surcharge reimbursements). For savings and CDs, MONEY looked at rates, fees, minimums, and other rules. On all accounts, we discounted intro rates. We also polled banks on mobile-app features and several factors related to convenience. As a tiebreaker, we used branch presence and independent customer-service studies.
The Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking Account® is available only as a linked account with a Schwab One® brokerage account. The Schwab One brokerage account has no minimum balance requirements when opened with a linked High Yield Checking account.
Schwab Mobile Deposit service is subject to certain eligibility requirements, and enrollment is not guaranteed. Standard hold policies apply. Requires a wireless signal or Wi-Fi connection.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and wholly owned subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products and services are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Schwab Bank, member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Apple, iPad Air, and iPhone are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries. Apple Pay, Apple Watch, and iPad mini are trademarks of Apple Inc.
App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc