Trading Software: Place Trades
Move intuitively from opportunity to action with simple, complex, or even conditional trade orders. Then monitor your orders and make changes quickly.
Stocks, ETFs, and Options
Place orders for stocks, ETFs, and options easily using the All-In-One Trade Ticket, which conveniently populates the symbol and displays current market information when you are ready to take action.
Set up brackets or place special conditions on your order—all in a single window. Bracket choices include:
- Profit exit
- Trailing stop exit
- Stop loss exit
Basic and Advanced Options
Place a variety of options orders ranging in complexity, including 3- and 4-leg options strategies. Using your preferred option strategy, with a click you can filter for potential option combinations that match the strategy criteria.
Set up multiple orders to trigger based on certain conditions. Up to three different orders can be triggered using the same conditional criteria.
Orders and Positions
- Manage your market exposure at a glance with special order and position tiles.
- These tiles are conveniently displayed within StreetSmart Edge® tool windows.
- You can easily edit an order or close out of a position.
Schwab Trading Services 500 Commission-Free Trades Promotion
Terms and Conditions
1. With a qualifying net deposit of $100,000, earn 500 commission-free online trades.
Offer valid for individuals who make a qualifying net deposit into a Charles Schwab & Co. Inc. (“Schwab”) retail brokerage account within 45 days of enrollment in the offer. Net deposits are assets deposited into the enrolled account minus assets withdrawn from the account and transferred out of Schwab. Only assets new to Schwab qualify; assets transferred from affiliates other than Schwab Retirement Plan Services, Inc. and Schwab Retirement Plan Services Company are excluded. The trades will be credited to the enrolled account within approximately one week of confirmation of your qualifying net deposit. Trades apply only to base equity, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and options commissions and options per-contract fees up to 20 contracts per trade (standard per-contract fees apply for additional contracts). Foreign transaction, exchange, and regulatory fees still apply. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platforms, and Schwab Wireless are eligible. Trades will expire 730 days after being credited to your account and will not be applied to previously executed trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades.
Schwab reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice.This offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per client. No more than 500 trades per client may be received pursuant to all promotional offers in any 12-month period. This offer does not apply to brokerage accounts managed by independent investment advisors or enrolled in an advisory service, the Schwab Global Account™, ERISA-covered retirement plans, certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts, or education savings accounts. This offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with any other offer and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; or their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Recent IRS guidance may impact your ability to make more than one IRA to IRA rollover in a one-year period. Any taxes related to the offer are your responsibility.
2. Restrictions apply: The $4.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, employer negotiated commission schedules applicable to equity compensation transactions, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
3. Ratings and reviews are powered by Bazaarvoice
Information about Clients Speak™, Ratings and Reviews by Schwab clients
Ratings and reviews are submitted by clients voluntarily and are screened for acceptance in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines prior to publication. Please see the Publishing Guidelines for details regarding which reviews are published.
The average rating scores are based on published reviews for the indicated account(s) and services and do not incorporate ratings and reviews that do not satisfy the Publishing Guidelines. Ratings and reviews are added continuously and average ratings are updated dynamically as reviews are added or removed. During the period from 1/1/2011 to 1/27/2015, 3,261 reviews were submitted, 2,591 were accepted, and 670 were not accepted for publication in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines. Sorting of reviews by "Featured Reviews" first shows reviews selected by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank based on subjective criteria deemed relevant at the time of selection including marketing priorities.
Ratings and opinions expressed by clients are not meant to suggest future performance or the suitability of any account type, product, or service for any particular client and may not be representative of the experience of other clients. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information included in client reviews. Ratings and Reviews are powered by Bazaarvoice, a 3rd party vendor not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. or Schwab Bank.
If you have additional questions or concerns about Ratings & Reviews or would like to verify its authenticity, please contact a Schwab representative at either 800-435-4000, the phone number on your statement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Credit Notice: From Investor's Business Daily, January 26,2015, ©2015 Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Results based on an Investor's Business Daily ("IBD") and TechnoMetrica survey of 10,480 visitors to the IBD website between October and December 2014. Those individuals were asked to name and rate their primary online broker. Limiting data analysis to only those firms that were cited by 100 or more participants, thirteen online brokers were ranked based on Customer Experience Index scores for eleven separate attributes. For further information on how the ratings were calculated, see IBD's Criteria and Methodology.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options.. Multiple-leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options before considering any option transaction.
Schwab Trading Services™ includes access to StreetSmart® trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and Schwab trading specialists (a Schwab brokerage account is required). There are no fees to use Schwab Trading Services. Other account fees, optional data fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time. Schwab brokerage account online applications that have the “Schwab Trading Services” box checked will automatically be enrolled. For questions, call 888-245-6864 to speak to a Schwab Trading Services representative.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab") (Member SIPC) and optionsXpress, Inc. ("optionsXpress") (Member SIPC) are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation.