Industry Recognition and Awards
Schwab receives 4-star rating from Barron's.
Schwab scored an overall 4 out of 5 stars in the Barron's survey of the Best Online Brokers of 2014 after evaluation in eight categories: Trading Technology, Usability, Mobile, Range of Offerings, Research Amenities, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, Customer Service and Education, and Costs.1 View the results.
Schwab ranked as one of FORTUNE Magazine's most admired securities and asset management companies.
Every year, FORTUNE® compiles its World’s Most Admired Companies® list, organized by category.2 View the results.
Schwab ranked No. 1 in overall customer experience.
Schwab finished in the Top Five in 12 of the 13 categories, including No. 1 in Overall Customer Experience, Research Tools, ETF Choices, Educational Resources, Tax Preparation Tools, Trade Reliability, and Mobile Platform/Trading.3 View the results.
Schwab rated No. 1 in customer satisfaction.
The American Customer Satisfaction Index (ACSI) ranked Schwab No. 1 in its annual survey of Internet brokerages.4 View the results.
Schwab receives No. 1 ranking in the investment industry.
The 2014 Temkin Experience Ratings named Schwab No. 1 within the investment industry.5 View the results.
1. Barron's: "2014 Online Broker Survey," published in March 2014. Barron's is a trademark of Dow Jones & Co., L.P. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of Barron's. Schwab received 4 out of 5 stars for the year 2013. Barron's evaluated 20 firms in the following categories of service: general brokerage information, trade experience, range of offerings, research amenities, costs, mobile, reports, and service.
2. FORTUNE Magazine, March 2014. © 2014 Time Inc. FORTUNE is a registered trademark of Time Inc. and is used under license. FORTUNE and Time Inc. are not affiliated with and do not endorse products or services of Licensee. Based on a survey by Hay Group of 3,920 respondents who were asked to select 10 companies they admired most from a list compiled according to selection criteria established by FORTUNE and Hay Group.
3. Results based on an Investor's Business Daily ("IBD") and TechnoMetrica study of 31 online brokers as scored by 10,179 visitors to the IBD website between July and September 2013. The 12 brokers selected by 100 or more participants were ranked on 12 attributes based on a Customer Experience Index score. The overall ranking was based on a weighting of all 12 attributes and how well each broker scored for each.
4. ACSI—The ACSI score for each company is based on a sample of 250 customer interviews, which are put into a multiequation econometric model, and the score is then calculated as a weighted average of three survey questions that measure different facets of satisfaction with a product or service.
5. Temkin Group evaluated 268 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource® service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Charles Schwab Bank, member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.
Information about Clients Speak™, Ratings and Reviews by Schwab clients
Ratings and reviews are submitted by clients voluntarily and are screened for acceptance in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines prior to publication. Please see the Publishing Guidelines for details regarding which reviews are published.
The average rating scores are based on published reviews for the indicated account(s) and services and do not incorporate ratings and reviews that do not satisfy the Publishing Guidelines. Ratings and reviews are added continuously and average ratings are updated dynamically as reviews are added or removed. During the period from 1/1/2011 to 2/28/2013, 2,861 reviews were submitted, 2,316 were accepted, and 545 were not accepted for publication in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines. Sorting of reviews by "Featured Reviews" first shows reviews selected by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank based on subjective criteria deemed relevant at the time of selection including marketing priorities.
Ratings and opinions expressed by clients are not meant to suggest future performance or the suitability of any account type, product, or service for any particular client and may not be representative of the experience of other clients. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information included in client reviews.
Ratings and Reviews are powered by Bazaarvoice, a 3rd party vendor not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. or Schwab Bank.
If you have additional questions or concerns about Ratings & Reviews or would like to verify its authenticity, please contact a Schwab representative at either 800-435-4000, the phone number on your statement, or by email at email@example.com.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options through Schwab. Please read the options disclosure document titled "Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options."
Multiple leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions.
With long options, investors may lose 100% of funds invested. Multiple leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Spread trading must be done in a margin account. Covered calls provide downside protection only to the extent of the premium received and limit upside potential to the strike price plus premium received. Writing uncovered options involves potentially unlimited risk.
Supporting documentation for any claims or statistical information is available upon request.
Please contact a tax advisor for the tax implications involved in any options strategies referenced.
Schwab's StreetSmart Edge® is available for Schwab Active Trading clients. Access to NASDAQ TotalView® is provided for free to non-professional clients who have made 120 or more equity and/or options trades in the last 12 months, 30 or more equity and/or options trades in either the current or previous quarters, or maintain $1 million or more in household balances at Schwab. Schwab Active Trading clients who do not meet these requirements can subscribe to NASDAQ TotalView for a quarterly fee. Professional clients may be required to meet additional criteria before obtaining a subscription to NASDAQ TotalView. This offer may be subject to additional restrictions or fees, and may be changed at any time.
Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules. (1112-7512)