Pricing and Services
At Schwab, you pay less and get more. Discover the great value we offer every Schwab client.
Fees and Minimums
Low prices, clearly stated. No hidden fees ever.
- Online equity trades just $8.95 each1
- Over 100 commission-free ETFs available online through your Schwab account2
- Pay no ATM fees anywhere in the world3
- Thousands of no-load mutual funds
What all Schwab clients get—at no extra cost.
- 24/7 customer support
- Schwab and third-party research and insights
- Industry-recognized mobile app for investing
- One-on-one portfolio consultation
- Comprehensive performance reporting
Meet the Schwab team
We'll guide and support you every step of the way. We offer
- Personal help switching to Schwab
- A New Client Concierge to help you get started
- Specialized teams in Fixed Income, Active Trading, and more
- Financial Consultants at branches nationwide
- 24/7 customer support and investment help
Veteran Financial Consultant Casey Mervine talks about what sets Schwab apart from the competition.
1. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, employer-negotiated commission schedules applicable to equity compensation transactions, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. All broker-assisted trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guidefor details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
2. Conditions Apply: Trades in ETFs available through Schwab ETF OneSource™ (including Schwab ETFs™) are available without commissions when placed online in a Schwab account. Service charges apply for trade orders placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). An exchange processing fee applies to sell transactions. Certain types of Schwab ETF OneSource transactions are not eligible for the commission waiver, such as short sells and buys to cover (not including Schwab ETFs). Schwab reserves the right to change the ETFs we make available without commissions. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. Please see pricing guide for additional information. As of 2/7/2013 Schwab ETF OneSource had 105 ETFs.
3. Unlimited ATM fee rebates apply to cash withdrawals using the Schwab One® Visa Platinum Check Card wherever it is accepted. ATM fee rebates do not include currency exchange fees; fees imposed by merchants for POS transactions; or fees for stamp purchases, balance inquiries, or any transactions other than an ATM cash withdrawal from your Schwab One account. Rebates are applied automatically when identified by ATM and network operators to Schwab as an eligible ATM fee. In the event that you have not received a rebate for a fee that you believe is eligible, please call a Schwab Client Service Specialist for assistance. Schwab reserves the right to modify or discontinue the ATM fee rebate at any time.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 866-232-9890. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor's shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from third-party ETF companies participating in Schwab ETF OneSource™ for record keeping, shareholder services and other administrative services, including program development and maintenance.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of it's affiliates.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Charles Schwab Bank are separate but affiliated companies and wholly owned subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation. Brokerage products and services are offered by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., member SIPC. Deposit and lending products and services are offered by Schwab Bank, member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.