Now that you're close to completing the Directional Options: Single Options and Spreads course, you should have a solid understanding of the ins and outs of trading single long calls and puts as well as the four types of vertical spreads: long call verticals, short call verticals, long put verticals, and short put verticals. Now it's time to review what was covered and talk about next steps to continue your options education.
Here's what you've learned to do so far:
- Explain the benefits and risks of directional options and their potential role in a portfolio.
- Explain how long single-leg options strategies (long calls and puts) work.
- Practice trading a long call options strategy on thinkorswim® paperMoney®.
- Explain how vertical spread strategies work.
- Practice trading long and short call vertical strategies on thinkorswim paperMoney.
The sample investing plans available on the course dashboard can guide you as you practice trading single options and vertical spreads. As you review the plans and paper trade, you can create your own investing plan to reflect your goals, preferences, and risk tolerance.