“Do I know how my broker is paid?”
“What if I’m not happy with something I’m paying you to do?”
“What are your recommendations based on?”
“How are fees and commissions impacting my returns?”
“Am I offered a wide range of products?”
“Would I have access to other professionals at Schwab?”
“What are the fees associated with buying your bonds?”
Our modern approach to wealth management starts with a Financial Consultant.
When it comes to your wealth, the questions you ask could be your most valuable asset. That’s why, when you partner with a Schwab Financial Consultant, your questions will be encouraged. And our answers will be straightforward.
You’ll understand where your money is invested and why, how your investments are performing, and how much it’s costing you. Plus, you’ll have access to expertise, specialists, and insights to help you reach your own specific goals.
It’s an approach to wealth management that’s all about transparency, accountability, and taking ownership of your financial life. Because we believe the best outcomes in life come from being fully engaged.
There are eligibility requirements to work with a dedicated Financial Consultant.
Find a Consultant near you.
No obligation. No pressure.
We believe investors deserve better. And here’s our promise:
- Partnering. You’re not just a client at Schwab. We believe in partnering with you and getting to know you so we can work together on your terms.
- Advice. We provide access to commentary and insights from Schwab experts and advice that is understandable, relevant, and actionable.
- Choice. We offer a broad range of investment options from leading asset managers across the industry, not just our own.
- Transparency. We’ll be open and honest in all aspects of our relationship, including what you pay for our services and the thinking behind our advice.
- Value. We design our products and services with a goal of driving down costs, so investors have more money to invest.
Our Financial Consultants.Watch how our people put our promise into action.
You earned your wealth the hard way.
Why manage it the old way?
A Personal Relationship
- Your dedicated Financial Consultant can partner with you to build a relationship defined by your goals, preferences, and active involvement.
- He or she can help you choose from a variety of services based on your goals, including portfolio management, retirement planning, trading, insurance, annuities, banking from Charles Schwab Bank, and more.
- You’ll have direct access to experienced specialists in areas like fixed income, global investing, charitable giving, and tax, trust, and estate planning.
- It will all be backed by our 24/7 client service and “anywhere, anytime account access” through Schwab.com and our mobile apps.1
- Your Financial Consultant can work with you to create a holistic plan with specific investment recommendations and a clear explanation of the benefits and risks.
- Your plan will reflect our thorough, disciplined approach to investing, including risk and return analysis, inflation expectations, “what if” scenarios, and careful asset allocation.
- Your plan will reflect your priorities, from retirement income and estate planning to insurance and debt management. And you can meet regularly to keep your plan up to date as your life evolves.
- Your Financial Consultant can help you choose the right level of advice and wealth management services for your needs: professionally managed portfolios, specialized strategies, or customized investment advice.
- You’ll have access to asset management expertise from Schwab and over 40 outside investment managers,including tax-managed, global equity, real estate, and income strategies.
- Because we believe investors deserve accountability, we offer The Schwab Accountability Guarantee™: If for any reason you’re not happy with one of our participating investment advisory services, we’ll refund your program fee from the previous quarter and work with you to make things right.2
See below for important information on The Schwab Accountability Guarantee.
What you pay can lower what you earn.
A difference of 1% in annual investment costs can reduce returns by nearly $1 million over time.*
*Assumes a 3.5% rate of return, including inflation.
This example is hypothetical, is provided for illustrative purposes only, and is not intended to predict or project the performance of any specific investment. Assumes a $1 million initial investment with a 3.5% compounding rate of return and investment costs of 1% and 2%. Actual investment results will vary with market conditions, and investment costs will differ based on a variety of factors including, but not limited to, the specific investments selected and account-related fees.
Check the background of our firm and work history of our Financial Consultants on FINRA’s BrokerCheck.
1. Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection. System availability and response times are subject to market conditions and mobile connection limitations. Trades received outside normal market hours will be entered the next business day.
2. The Schwab Accountability Guarantee:
The guarantee applies to the following investment advisory services ("Participating Services") and associated program fees: (i) Schwab Private Client ("SPC"); (ii) Schwab Managed Portfolios™ ("SMP"); and (iii) Managed Account Connection® ("Connection") for accounts that are managed by investment advisors affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"): Windhaven Investment Management, Inc. ("Windhaven®"), ThomasPartners, Inc. ("ThomasPartners®"), and Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. ("CSIM").
The guarantee does not apply to (i) accounts managed by investment advisors that are not affiliated with Schwab; (ii) accounts managed by Schwab-affiliated advisors outside of the SPC, Connection, and SMP programs; or (iii) any other product or service made available by Schwab or its affiliates. SPC, SMP, and Connection are wrap fee programs sponsored by Schwab.
If at any time or for any reason you are not completely satisfied with a Participating Service, at your request Schwab will refund the associated program fee for the previous calendar quarter applicable to the Participating Service. The program fee is a percentage of the eligible assets in your Participating Service account(s). You will receive a credit to your Participating Service account(s) within approximately four weeks of your request. No other fees, commissions, charges, expenses, or market losses will be refunded. If Schwab is unable to address your concerns after consulting with you and refunding your program fee, Schwab will work with you to help meet your financial goals. Schwab reserves the right to change this guarantee in the future after providing notice. For additional information regarding associated program fees, please see the disclosure brochure for the Participating Service, available at the time you enroll or upon your request.
Brokerage and Insurance Products: Are Not Deposits • Are Not FDIC-Insured • Are Not Insured By Any Federal Government Agency • Are Not Guaranteed By the Bank or Affiliates of the Bank • May Lose Value
Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., a licensed insurance agency, distributes certain insurance and annuity contracts that are issued by insurance companies that are not affiliated with Schwab. Not all products are available in all states.
Wealth management refers to products and services available through the operating subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation of which there are important differences including, but not limited to, the type of advice and assistance provided, fees charged, and the rights and obligations of the parties. It is important to understand the differences when determining which products and/or services to select.
The Charles Schwab Corporation provides a full range of brokerage, banking, and financial advisory services through its operating subsidiaries. Its broker-dealer subsidiary, Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”), member SIPC, offers investment services and products, including Schwab brokerage accounts. Its banking subsidiary, Charles Schwab Bank (member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender), provides deposit and lending services and products.
This site is designed for U.S. residents. Non-U.S. residents are subject to country-specific restrictions. Learn more about our services for non-U.S. residents.
©2016 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Member SIPC. CC0528992 (0416-ERN3)