It all starts with a dedicated Financial Consultant.
When you partner with a Schwab Financial Consultant, your questions will be encouraged. Our answers will be straightforward.
You'll understand where your money is invested and why, how your investments are performing, and how much it’s costing you. Plus, you'll have access to expertise, specialists, and insights to help you reach your own specific goals.
It’s about transparency. It’s about accountability. It’s about taking ownership of your financial life—because the best outcomes in life come from being fully engaged.
There are eligibility requirements to work with a dedicated Financial Consultant.
Get more answers.
Visit a branch or call for an appointment. No obligation.
Meet with a Financial Consultant
We believe investors deserve better. And here's our promise.
You’re not just a client at Schwab. We believe in partnering with you and getting to know you so we can work together on your terms.
We provide access to commentary and insights from Schwab experts and advice that is understandable, relevant, and actionable.
We offer a broad range of investment options from leading asset managers across the industry, not just our own.
We’ll be open and honest in all aspects of our relationship, including what you pay for our services and the thinking behind our advice.
We design our products and services with a goal of driving down costs, so investors have more money to invest.
You earned your wealth the hard way.
Why manage it the old way?
A personal relationship
- Your dedicated Financial Consultant can partner with you to build a relationship defined by your goals, preferences, and active involvement.
- He or she can help you choose from a variety of services based on your goals, including portfolio management, banking, retirement planning, trading, insurance, annuities, and more.
- You’ll have direct access to experienced specialists in areas like fixed income, global investing, charitable giving, and tax, trust, and estate planning.
- It will all be backed by our 24/7 client service and “anywhere, anytime account access” through Schwab.com and our mobile apps.1
- Your Financial Consultant can work with you to create a holistic plan with specific investment recommendations and a clear explanation of the benefits and risks.
- Your plan will reflect our thorough, disciplined approach to investing, including risk and return analysis, inflation expectations, "what if" scenarios, and careful asset allocation.
- Your plan will reflect your priorities, from retirement income and estate planning to insurance and debt management. And you can meet regularly to keep your plan up to date as your life evolves.
- Your Financial Consultant can help you choose the right level of advice for your needs: professionally managed portfolios, specialized strategies, even customized investment advice.
- You’ll have access to portfolio management expertise from Schwab and over 40 outside investment managers, including tax-managed, hedged equity, real estate, and income strategies.
- Because we believe investors deserve accountability, we offer The Schwab Accountability Guarantee™: If for any reason you’re not happy with one of our participating investment advisory services, we’ll refund your program fee from the previous quarter and work with you to make things right.2
See below for important information on The Schwab Accountability Guarantee.
1. Requires a wireless signal or mobile connection.
2. Schwab Accountability Guarantee:
The guarantee applies to the following investment advisory services ("Participating Services") and associated program fees: (i) Schwab Private Client ("SPC"); (ii) Schwab Managed Portfolios™ ("SMP"); and (iii) Managed Account Connection® ("Connection") for accounts that are managed by investment advisors affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab"): Windhaven Investment Management, Inc. ("Windhaven®"), ThomasPartners, Inc. ("ThomasPartners®"), and Charles Schwab Investment Management, Inc. ("CSIM").
The guarantee does not apply to (i) accounts managed by investment advisors that are not affiliated with Schwab; (ii) accounts managed by Schwab-affiliated advisors outside of the SPC, Connection, and SMP programs; or (iii) any other product or service made available by Schwab or its affiliates. SPC, SMP, and Connection are wrap fee programs sponsored by Schwab.
If at any time or for any reason you are not completely satisfied with a Participating Service, at your request Schwab will refund the associated program fee for the previous calendar quarter applicable to the Participating Service. The program fee is a percentage of the eligible assets in your Participating Service account(s). You will receive a credit to your Participating Service account(s) within approximately four weeks of your request. No other fees, commissions, charges, expenses, or market losses will be refunded. If Schwab is unable to address your concerns after consulting with you and refunding your program fee, Schwab will work with you to help meet your financial goals. Schwab reserves the right to change this guarantee in the future after providing notice. For additional information regarding associated program fees, please see the disclosure brochure for the Participating Service, available at the time you enroll or upon your request.
Access to Electronic Services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrade, maintenance, or for other reasons.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., a licensed insurance agency, distributes certain insurance and annuity contracts that are issued by insurance companies that are not affiliated with Schwab. Not all products are available in all states.
Wealth management refers to products and services available through the operating subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation of which there are important differences including, but not limited to, the type of advice and assistance provided, fees charged, and the rights and obligations of the parties. It is important to understand the differences when determining which products and/or services to select.
Schwab does not provide tax advice. Clients should consult a professional tax advisor for their tax advice needs.
©2014 Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. All rights reserved. Member SIPC.