Graduating to Debt
Click here for PDF.
1. "Tuition and Fee and Room and Board Charges Over Time, 1973-74 through 2013-14, Selected Years," College Board, 2014.
2. How America Pays for College, Sallie Mae and Ipsos, 2013.
3. Typically, a portion of college costs is paid for by grants, scholarships and other sources.
4. How America Pays for College, Sallie Mae and Ipsos, 2013.
5. "Average Debt Levels of Public Sector Bachelor's Degree Recipients Over Time," College Board, 2013.
Explore college savings strategies at schwab.com/OIstrategiesforsaving.
As with any investment, it is possible to lose money by investing in a college savings strategy.