Expert Fund Picks
Looking for quality mutual funds and ETFs?
Start with our experts’ top choices.
A Schwab Select List® can help you focus your search.
Use our quarterly mutual funds lists and list of ETFs to help narrow your search for investments.
- Mutual Fund OneSource Select List®: A prescreened, no-load, no-transaction-fee list of mutual funds with a focus on performance, risk, and expense.
- Income Mutual Fund Select List®: Designed for a shift toward generating income during retirement, this list of income mutual funds was created to identify funds with potential for growth to help keep pace with the cost of living.
- ETF Select List®: Picked primarily for its low cost of ownership, this ETF list, with over 65 asset categories, has been screened to ensure a basic standard of liquidity, viability, and structural stability.
Explore a Schwab Select List online.
Mutual Fund OneSource Select List
Identify the most favorably prescreened, no-load mutual funds in these categories:
- Large-cap stock funds
- Small- and mid-cap U.S. stock funds
- International stock funds
- Specialty funds
- Taxable bond funds
- Tax-free bond funds
Income Mutual Fund Select List
Research no-load, no-transaction-fee mutual funds for retirees seeking income through interest or dividends from:
- Taxable and tax-free bond funds
- Domestic and international stock funds
- Real estate stock funds and more
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost.
Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF. Shares are bought and sold at market price, which may be higher or lower than the net asset value (NAV).
Schwab’s short-term redemption fee of $49.95 will be charged on redemption of funds purchased through Schwab’s Mutual Fund OneSource® service (and certain other funds with no transaction fee) and held for 90 days or less. Schwab reserves the right to exempt certain funds from this fee, including Schwab Funds®, which may charge a separate redemption fee, and funds that accommodate short-term trading. For each of these trade orders placed through a broker, a $25 service charge applies. Funds are also subject to management fees and expenses.
Trades in no-load mutual funds available through Mutual Fund OneSource (including Schwab Funds), as well as certain other funds, are available without transaction fees when placed through Schwab.com or our automated phone channels. For each of these trade orders placed through a broker, a $25 service charge applies. Schwab reserves the right to change the funds we make available without transaction fees and to reinstate fees on any funds.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc., Member SIPC, receives remuneration from fund companies participating in the Mutual Fund OneSource service for recordkeeping and shareholder services and other administrative services. Schwab also may receive remuneration from transaction fee fund companies for certain administrative services.