Safeguard your information.
Help us protect your personal information by taking these steps.
Keep your login ID and password confidential
- Don’t use sensitive information in your login ID. A login ID should not contain your Social Security number, date of birth, account number, or other sensitive information. If your current login ID contains any of this information, change it here.
- Create a unique password and do not share it. Your password should not be the same as passwords you use on other websites. We recommend changing your password at least once every six months. Do not share your password; sharing your password with anyone—including family, friends, and third-party websites—may invalidate your Schwab agreements.
When logging in, look for these indicators:
Internet Explorer 7:
Internet Explorer 6:
Bottom right of browser frame:
Click on the VeriSign Secured logo to verify you are on Schwab.com:
Reduce the risk of lost or stolen financial records.
- Switch to online statements. Paper statements can be lost or stolen. Paperless statements can be accessed securely on Schwab.com and are available for up to 10 years. Sign up for paperless statements to minimize risks.
- Review your statements. Read all statements thoroughly as soon as they arrive to make sure all transactions shown are ones that you made or authorized. If you suspect unauthorized transactions, contact us at 800-435-4000.
- Secure your confidential documents. Keep all your financial documents in a secure place, and be careful how you dispose of any documents with financial or other confidential information. Shred documents that have confidential financial or identification information about you before throwing them away.