Real Life Retirement™ Services
Enjoying early retirement
- You don't have to buy a home where you retire, especially if the market is hard to assess.
- Sound financial decisions should be balanced with ensuring you enjoy life while you can.
- Make retirement a time to do something you've always wanted to do.
- Cynthia wanted to retire to Hawaii, and found a way to make it happen.
- Her husband's job provides health insurance coverage, allowing her to hold onto retirement funds a little longer.
Moving to paradise.
"I have always loved Hawaii; we decided, after dealing with some family health issues, that we should move there. We sold our home in Arizona and are renting in Hawaii. We'll wait until the market is good for buyers."
"I had a dollar figure in mind—based on my mutual funds, IRA and savings—for what I would need to retire. I reached it, but I can't say it's all there anymore, after what happened in the market.
"I think about going back to work, and then I think, 'Are you nuts?' This is the first time in my adult life that I have time to write rather than having to worry about making a living. However, at some point, if I have to, I will try to get a job. Or we will move somewhere else—but it would break my heart."
Take the Next Step.
Let's talk about the retirement you want.
Call 877-673-7970 for your complimentary retirement consultation.
- Use our retirement calculator to see where you stand today.
We thank Cynthia for sharing what worked for her. Her words have been edited. The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered an individualized recommendation or personalized investment advice. Examples provided are for illustrative purposes only and not intended to be predictive of future results.
The types of financial transactions mentioned may not be suitable for everyone. Each investor needs to review a transaction for his or her own particular situation. Data contained here is obtained from what are considered reliable sources; however, its accuracy, completeness, or reliability cannot be guaranteed.
All expressions of opinion are subject to change without notice in reaction to shifting market conditions. Examples provided,
including statistical simulations, are provided for illustrative purposes only and are not intended to imply future results you should expect to see. Past performance is no guarantee of future results.