While stock investments are generally added to a portfolio to provide long-term growth, some stocks generate income as well in the form of dividends.
Reasons to consider:
- You want to diversify your income sources while adding a growth component to your portfolio.
- You have the time and knowledge to research, buy, and monitor your stock investments.
- You have the money to purchase enough different stocks to create a diversified portfolio.
- Get an overview of all the tools and resources available to help you evaluate and choose individual stocks.
- Use the Schwab Stock Screener to identify stocks with higher-than-average dividend yields. Under the screener’s Basic Criteria category, select Dividend Yield.
- Use our Stock Lists to find top-ranked stocks by sector, asset class, or Schwab Equity Ratings®.