A Schwab Financial Consultant can help you:
- Discuss how integrated you want your finances to be.
- Identify your long-term goals and develop a plan to help meet both of your needs.
- Discuss your short- and long-term investment objectives and start investing now toward your financial goals.
- Determine your insurance needs: at a minimum, consider life and disability insurance.
- Update your estate plan to include your spouse.
- Review your financial goals and portfolio regularly to stay on track.
Call us at 877-302-5886 or visit your local branch.
What to do on your own:
- If you're changing your name, take the necessary steps to make it official and notify government agencies, personal accounts, and creditors of the change.
- Request copies of your credit reports and check them for accuracy.
- Work together to eliminate unneeded debt.
- Consult a tax professional to discuss your income tax-filing options and update your W-4 forms as needed to adjust tax withholding.
- Update beneficiaries for your IRAs, 401(k) plans, and insurance policies.
- Update your name on all personal accounts and the titles of all property you own.
The information provided here is for general informational purposes only and should not be considered an individualized recommendation, personalized investment advice, or specific tax or legal advice. Where specific advice is necessary or appropriate, Schwab recommends consultation with a qualified tax advisor, CPA, financial planner, estate planning attorney, or investment manager.