- Must be issued by a U.S. bank and in U.S. dollars
- Must be made payable to the name of the account holder or trust (if appropriate)
Checks NOT eligible include:
- Checks payable to others
- Checks lacking the original signature of the person who issued the check
- Checks that are not dated, are postdated, or are more than six months old
- Checks payable to "Cash," "Charles Schwab," or "Charles Schwab Bank"
- Traveler’s checks and registered government warrants
- Checks that exceed your daily deposit limit
- Checks that have been returned unpaid
- Checks drawn on foreign banks, payable in foreign currency, or sent from a restricted country
Your daily deposit limit amount is clearly indicated on the Deposit screen, just under the Amount field.