Schwab One® Estate Account
Designed for executors or court-appointed administrators of estates, the Schwab One® Estate Account helps you manage and distribute an estate's assets, including consolidating assets and accessing cash to pay taxes or cover expenses. Plus you get all the benefits of a Schwab One brokerage account.
What are the fees and commissions?
- Monthly service fees: $0
- Account opening minimum: $1,000. Minimum is waived if account holder also opens a Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking® account or establishes a recurring automated deposit of at least $100 per month.
- Commissions: $4.95 per online trade;1 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account2
There are no fees to open or maintain your account. Other fees may apply; please see Account Pricing.
What are the benefits of a Schwab One Estate Account?
Every Schwab account comes with investment help and guidance. This account also allows you to:
- Enjoy all the benefits of our popular Schwab One brokerage account
- Facilitate the distribution of your estate's financial assets
- Easily manage your estate's assets, whether you need to consolidate, buy and sell, or access cash to pay taxes
- Accurately value your estate for IRS purposes
- Quickly distribute assets to beneficiaries
- Get help transferring titles to heirs
- Decide how assets are invested
- Get 24/7 service and support
Take the next step.
Get started with an estate account today.
Schwab Bank High Yield Investor Checking accounts are available only as linked accounts with Schwab One® accounts. The Schwab One brokerage account has no minimum balance requirements, and there is no requirement to fund this account, when it is opened with a linked High Yield Investor Checking account.
1. Restrictions apply: The $4.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
2. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFsTM are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and its employees are not estate planning attorneys and cannot offer tax or legal advice, or create and prepare legal documents associated with such plans.