Rolling your old 401(k) or other employer-sponsored retirement plan into a Schwab Rollover IRA is an easy way to take control of your retirement savings. Our Rollover Consultants will help you take care of the paperwork.
What are the fees and commissions?
- $0 account open or maintenance fees. Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply1
- Minimum required to open an account: $1,000
- Commissions: $8.95 per online equity trade;2 $0 per Schwab ETF online trade in your Schwab account 3
What do I get with this Rollover IRA?
Every Schwab account comes with investment help and guidance. With this account, you'll get:
- A tax-smart way to keep your retirement money invested and avoid early withdrawal penalties
- Hassle-free rollover help from start to finish
- Retirement planning tools and resources in Understanding IRAs
- 24/7 service and support
A rollover of retirement plan assets to an IRA is not your only option. Carefully consider all of your available options which may include but not be limited to keeping your assets in your former employer's plan; rolling over assets to a new employer's plan; or taking a cash distribution (taxes and possible withdrawal penalties may apply). Prior to a decision, be sure to understand the benefits and limitations of your available options and consider factors such as differences in investment related expenses, plan or account fees, available investment options, distribution options, legal and creditor protections, the availability of loan provisions, tax treatment, and other concerns specific to your individual circumstances.
Ready to get started?
Need help? Call
Take the next step.
Apply Now or call a Schwab Rollover Consultant at 866-855-5636.
1. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors ("the Guide") and any amendments to the Guide for comprehensive details on fees.
2. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block trading transactions requiring special handling, or restricted stock transactions. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
3. Restrictions apply: Online trades of Schwab ETFs™ are commission-free at Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (member SIPC), while trades of third-party ETFs are subject to commissions. Broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum $1,000 deposit is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses.
4. Please consult your tax advisor regarding your specific situation.
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can request a prospectus by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with The Charles Schwab Corporation or any of its affiliates.