With a qualifying net deposit of $50,000, earn 500 commission-free online trades and four premium support check-ins with a trading coach.
Offer valid for new clients who do not have a Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. (“Schwab”) brokerage account (other than a Retirement Plan Services or Stock Plan Services account) and who open and make a qualifying net deposit into a retail brokerage account within 45 days of enrollment in the offer. Net deposits are assets deposited into the account minus assets withdrawn from the account and transferred out of Schwab. Only assets new to Schwab’s retail division qualify; assets transferred from affiliates are excluded. Approximately one week after confirmation of your qualifying net deposit you will receive instructions on how to opt in to receive a quarterly call from a Customer Service Representative for Trading Services clients and the trades will be credited to your account. The trades will be applied only to the enrolled account and apply only to base equity, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and options commissions. Options per-contract, foreign transaction, exchange, and regulatory fees still apply. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platforms, and Schwab Wireless are eligible. Trades will expire 365 days after being credited to your account and will not be applied to previously executed trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades.
Schwab reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. This offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled per client. No more than 500 trades per client may be received pursuant to all promotional offers in any 12-month period. This offer does not apply to brokerage accounts managed by independent investment advisors, the Schwab Global Account ™, ERISA-covered retirement plans, certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts, or education savings accounts. This offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with other offers and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; or their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Any taxes related to the offer are your responsibility.
Schwab Trading Services includes access to StreetSmart® trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and priority access to Schwab trading specialists. Call 888-245-6864 to request access (a Schwab brokerage account is required). There are no fees to use Schwab Trading Services. Other account fees, optional data fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time. Access to electronic services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrades
or maintenance, or for other reasons.
1. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, employer negotiated commission schedules applicable to equity compensation transactions, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
**Other account fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors for comprehensive details on fees.
2. Conditions Apply: Trades in ETFs available through Schwab ETF OneSource™ (including Schwab ETFs™) are available without commissions when placed online in a Schwab account. Service charges apply for trade orders placed through a broker ($25) or by automated phone ($5). An exchange processing fee applies to sell transactions. Certain types of Schwab ETF OneSource transactions are not eligible for the commission waiver, such as short sells and buys to cover (not including Schwab ETFs). Schwab reserves the right to change the ETFs we make available without commissions. All ETFs are subject to management fees and expenses. Please see Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for additional information.
3. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for Individual Investors for comprehensive details on fees.
4. Ratings and opinions expressed by clients are not meant to suggest future performance or the suitability of any account type, product, or service for any particular client and may not be representative of the experience of other clients. Schwab cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information included in client reviews. Please visit http://reviews.schwab.com for the most current ratings information and details surrounding calculation of the average rating scores and Publishing Guidelines.
5. Credit Notice: From Investor's Business Daily, January 26,2015, ©2015 Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Results based on an Investor's Business Daily ("IBD")and TechnoMetrica survey of 10,480 visitors to the IBD website between October and December 2014.Those individuals were asked to name and rate their primary online broker. Limiting data analysis to only those firms that were cited by 100 or more participants, thirteen online brokers were ranked based on Customer Experience Index scores for eleven separate attributes. For further information on how the ratings were calculated, see .
Investors should consider carefully information contained in the prospectus, including investment objectives, risks, charges, and expenses. You can obtain a prospectus for Schwab's own ETFs by visiting or by calling 800-435-4000. Please read the prospectus carefully before investing.
Exchange Traded Funds investment returns will fluctuate and are subject to market volatility, so that an investor’s shares, when redeemed or sold, may be worth more or less than their original cost. Unlike mutual funds, shares of ETFs are not individually redeemable directly with the ETF.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. receives remuneration from third-party ETF companies participating in Schwab ETF OneSource™ for record keeping, shareholder services and other administrative services, including program development and maintenance.
Schwab ETFs are distributed by SEI Investments Distribution Co. (SIDCO). SIDCO is not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. Learn more at schwab.com/SchwabETFs.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options. Multiple-leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled before considering any option transaction.