Get 500 commission-free online trades good for 2 years, plus a $200 cash bonus.
Make a net deposit of $100,000 in a Schwab Trading Services account to qualify1.
Open an Individual Brokerage Account
Call 800-540-9872 for more account options.
Why Schwab Trading Services
Intuitive trading technology for desktop and mobile devices.
Insights from Schwab and third-party resources.
Ongoing, real-time support from trading specialists.
Resources designed to hone your trading skills.
Exceptional value at low pricing - $8.95 per online equity trade2.See full pricing details
See how Schwab rates with our clients and industry analysts.
Schwab Trading Services3
Ratings and Reviews
Among 241 client reviews as
of 8/31/15 See Reviews
Charles Schwab ranked
"Highest in Investor Satisfaction with Self-Directed Services"4
by J.D. Power
and Trade Reliability5
by Investor's Business Daily, 2015
For questions or information on more brokerage account types
for questions or information on more brokerage account types
1. With a qualifying net deposit of $100,000, earn 500 commission-free online trades and a $200 cash bonus.
Offer valid for individuals who make a qualifying net deposit into a taxable retail brokerage account within 45 days of enrollment in the offer. Net deposits are assets deposited into the account minus assets withdrawn from the account and transferred out of Schwab. Only assets new to Schwab’s retail division qualify; assets transferred from affiliates are excluded. Approximately one week after confirmation of your qualifying net deposit you will receive notification that your trades will be credited to your account and your cash bonus will be deposited. The trades will be applied only to the enrolled account. You must maintain the net deposit amount (less market losses, if any) in your taxable brokerage account at Schwab for at least one year or Schwab may charge back the value of the cash bonus. Commission-free trades apply to base equity, exchange-traded fund (ETF), and options commissions. Options trades are limited to 20 or fewer contracts per trade, standard commission rates apply for orders beyond these limitations. Foreign transaction, exchange, and regulatory fees still apply. Only trades placed through Schwab.com, Schwab trading platforms, and Schwab Wireless are eligible. Trades will expire 730 calendar days after being credited to your account and will not be applied to previously executed trades. No credit will be given for unexecuted trades.
Schwab reserves the right to change the offer terms or terminate the offer at any time without notice. This offer is limited to one per account, with no more than one account enrolled in the promotion per client. No more than 500 trades per client may be received pursuant to all promotional offers in any 12-month period. This offer does not apply to brokerage accounts managed by independent investment advisors, the Schwab Global Account ™, IRAs, ERISA-covered retirement plans, certain tax-qualified retirement plans and accounts, or education savings accounts. This offer is not transferable, saleable, or valid in conjunction with other offers and is available to U.S. residents only. Employees, contractors, or persons similarly associated with Schwab or a Schwab affiliate; or their spouses; and employees of any securities regulatory organization or exchange are not eligible. Other restrictions may apply. Any taxes related to the offer are your responsibility.
2. Restrictions apply: The $8.95 flat commission does not apply to foreign stock transactions, large block transactions requiring special handling, employer negotiated commission schedules applicable to equity compensation transactions, or restricted stock transactions. Foreign ordinary shares that trade online in the U.S. over-the-counter (OTC) market and do not settle in the U.S. will have a $50 foreign transaction fee added to the cost of the transaction. All broker-assisted and automated phone trades are subject to service charges. A minimum deposit of $1,000 is required to open most Schwab brokerage accounts. Waivers may apply. See the Charles Schwab Pricing Guide for details. Employee equity compensation transactions are subject to separate commission schedules.
3. Ratings and reviews are powered by Bazaarvoice
Information about Clients Speak™, Ratings and Reviews by Schwab clients
Ratings and reviews are submitted by clients voluntarily and are screened for acceptance in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines prior to publication. Please see the Publishing Guidelines for details regarding which reviews are published.
The average rating scores are based on published reviews for the indicated account(s) and services and do not incorporate ratings and reviews that do not satisfy the Publishing Guidelines. Ratings and reviews are added continuously and average ratings are updated dynamically as reviews are added or removed. During the period from 1/1/2011 to 1/27/2015, 3,261 reviews were submitted, 2,591 were accepted, and 670 were not accepted for publication in accordance with the Publishing Guidelines. Sorting of reviews by "Featured Reviews" first shows reviews selected by Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank based on subjective criteria deemed relevant at the time of selection including marketing priorities.
Ratings and opinions expressed by clients are not meant to suggest future performance or the suitability of any account type, product, or service for any particular client and may not be representative of the experience of other clients. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. and Schwab Bank cannot guarantee the accuracy of the information included in client reviews.
Ratings and Reviews are powered by Bazaarvoice, a 3rd party vendor not affiliated with Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. or Schwab Bank.
If you have additional questions or concerns about Ratings & Reviews or would like to verify its authenticity, please contact a Schwab representative at either 800-435-4000, the phone number on your statement, or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. received the highest numerical score among self-directed investing service providers in the proprietary J.D. Power 2015 Self-Directed Investor Satisfaction Study℠. Study based on responses from 3,776 investors measuring 10 providers and measures satisfaction of self-directed investors. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of consumers surveyed in January-February 2015. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.
5. Credit Notice: From Investor's Business Daily, January 26,2015, ©2015 Investor's Business Daily, Inc. All rights reserved. Used by permission and protected by the Copyright Laws of the United States. The printing, copying, redistribution, or retransmission of this Content without express written permission is prohibited. Results based on an Investor's Business Daily ("IBD") and TechnoMetrica survey of 10,480 visitors to the IBD website between October and December 2014.Those individuals were asked to name and rate their primary online broker. Limiting data analysis to only those firms that were cited by 100 or more participants, thirteen online brokers were ranked based on Customer Experience Index scores for eleven separate attributes. For further information on how the ratings were calculated, see IBD's Criteria and Methodology.
6. Barron's: ‘2014 Online Broker Survey’, published in March 2014. Barron's is a trademark of Dow Jones & Co., L.P. All rights reserved. Reprinted with permission of Barron's. Schwab scored an overall 4 out of 5 stars in the Barron's survey of the Best Online Brokers of 2014 after evaluation in eight categories: Trading Technology, Usability, Mobile, Range of Offerings, Research Amenities, Portfolio Analysis and Reports, Customer Service and Education, and Costs. Schwab also received 4 out of 5 stars for the year 2013.
Options carry a high level of risk and are not suitable for all investors. Certain requirements must be met to trade options.. Multiple-leg options strategies will involve multiple commissions. Please read the Options Disclosure Document titled Characteristics and Risks of Standardized Options before considering any option transaction.
Schwab Trading Services includes access to StreetSmart® trading platforms, the Schwab Trading Community, and priority access to Schwab trading specialists. Call 888-245-6864 to request access (a Schwab brokerage account is required). There are no fees to use Schwab Trading Services. Other account fees, optional data fees, fund expenses, and brokerage commissions may apply. Schwab reserves the right to restrict or modify access at any time. Access to electronic services may be limited or unavailable during periods of peak demand, market volatility, systems upgrades or maintenance, or for other reasons.
Charles Schwab & Co., Inc. ("Schwab") (Member SIPC) and optionsXpress, Inc. ("optionsXpress") (Member SIPC) are separate but affiliated companies and subsidiaries of The Charles Schwab Corporation.